Monday, June 29, 2015

My Little Girl is TWO!

Charlotte's birthday has come and gone, nearly two months ago. (Seriously. I'm so behind!) This year her birthday was in the middle of the week and the weekend before it, we were busy, and the weekend after everyone else was busy so we weren't planning on doing anything other than cake and presents with just us. Somehow plans changed for everyone so I was left with about 9 hours to make and decorate a cake for her party.

After having dinner with Grandma Betty to celebrate Perry's 30th birthday, we went to our house to celebrate Charlotte's birthday with Nanny and Papa and Aunt Kim. Nothing too crazy but I know Charli had fun opening her presents.
 I've never done ruffles on a cake before and since I didn't have any other ideas for her cake that would be *easy* I figured I may as well try them out. The top ones ended up looking better than the bottom ones...Trial and error at it's best.
 The boys really wanted to wear her "pretties" so Hunter stole her headband and JP put on her pearls. They were so happy with themselves...
 This year Charlotte was a lot neater about eating her cake :) Hardly made a mess at all! Such a sweetie pie!
 For her birthday, Perry and I gave her some food for the kitchen that Santa brought her and then I splurged on a Cabbage Patch doll for her named Adrianna Piper. Charlotte adores her and and takes Baby Ana everywhere with her!
Before bedtime Charlotte stole a few snuggles from Nanny with Baby Ana at herside. Happy birthday Miss Charli!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!