Overall it was pretty simple to make, just time consuming! I bought the round discs at Michael's, along with the hooks to hang them to each other. The wood came from our scrap pile in the garage. Perry willingly agreed to cut it and sand it for me. I spent a couple days spray painting the board, and painting all the discs. I wish I wouldn't have chose white! Those ones needed about a hundred coats of paint it seemed!
For the words on the board, I downloaded a couple fonts I liked, then blew them up on my computer and printed them out. Then I painstakingly cut them all out, and fixed some that the boys ripped... then traced them onto the board to paint.
I sent pictures of my progress to my sisters in hopes they would see the "Dustin #3" written on one of the discs, but they didn't. When I finally completed the board, Robin noticed it, but only because her birthday was hanging right above it!