Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Kitchen Remodel: The Plans

As many of my readers know, when we moved into this house, it was in need of some work. Painting alone did wonders for the majority of it, but there's still one spot that needs some love. The kitchen, which is also the place I spend a good portion of my days. Every so often we talk about remodeling it, but come up with one excuse or another. I, however, convinced my sweet, loving husband that we should remodel it this winter. He finally agreed! 
We spent the last two weekends at my mom's house putting up her backsplash in her kitchen. It turned out nice, but I'm glad we, hahaha, who am I kidding? I'm glad Perry put it up so we know how hard those mosaic tiles can be to put up around outlets. Before we headed up there on Sunday to finish it up, we made a rather quick trip to Home Depot to talk to someone about cabinets for the kitchen. She was so helpful! 

By the time we left the store, we felt a little overwhelmed. We had picked out our cabinets, and apparently we have pretty expensive taste. Her estimate based on the size of our kitchen, with the wood we picked out, put us in the $16k ballpark. She made copies of the sketches Perry made and later Sunday night she sent us a virtual mock-up of what it would look like. 

They also sent out the 3D, in color version, but I'm only showing the black and white.
This first one is looking into the kitchen towards the back wall. 

This one is standing by the stove looking at the window. Originally we planned to have more counter space and drawers next to the dishwasher, but since the full pantry didn't fit on the back wall, we opted to put one in by the entrance. I'm not thrilled about it, but since we're taking out our pantry in the back left of our kitchen. We're even taking out the closet behind it too.

This is the view from the sink. As of right now, our peninsula come out from the sink wall, but we're moving it to the other side so the dishwasher can be next to the sink. We've thought about taking the peninsula out completely, but I love having that extract work space when I'm decorating cakes. That's normally where the kids eat breakfast at, and I love seeing their smiling faces all lined up. We're also going to get a microwave range hood so it doesn't take up space on the counter. 

We're going to go back in to see more options to get our price down. They currently have a 20% off promotion on the line that we're interested in, but an in-store promotion, but it's still a little out of our ideal price range. We're hoping to make it look rustic with the wood grain and knots showing, but we'll see how much changing the finish and door style will help us out. But I'm so excited to get this project underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!