Thursday, December 8, 2016

The Official Tour

Last Thursday was a busy day with the movers arriving at 7:45a. I might have been up for 20 minutes. The time change and the wine from the night before really did a number on me. Once we gave a tour of the house, I took a quick trip to Home Depot to grab more shelf liners, and then got lost in the parking lot when I went to pick up coffee.

Perry stood right outside of the truck while they unloaded everything, marking off numbers on his clipboard. At the end of the day, they'd check for any number not marked off and try to locate it. I think the only thing they couldn't find was my sewing machine. Kind of a big deal. But it was found later in a box. Phew! During the day, I holed up in the master closet unpacking boxes of clothes and cleaning out the bathroom cabinets so I could line them.

Perry had to work on Friday, so I spent a good chunk of the morning and into the afternoon unpacking the kitchen boxes. I was hoping for some coffee (since Perry had the car) at some point in the morning, but it never happened. I found the coffee grounds in the first box I unpacked. Several boxes later I found the coffee machine. I even found the coffee grinder, but not coffee pot. I even unpacked the boxes labeled "living room" just in case... We have no idea where it went. It could be anywhere at this point.

Saturday morning we went to a flooring store near the house and picked out carpet. We were super excited to hear they would be able to install it before Christmas. WooHoo! I can't begin to describe the current stuff. I mean you probably saw the pictures in the last post, but I didn't want to focus on it. Upstairs all the rooms with carpet had black around the edges and around all the vents. I don't know if they had even been cleaned. I'm pretty sure there was also a pile of cat puke left in our room. Our bed hides it. Ms. Gail's carpet wasn't terrible looking, but it had a couple stains too. After much debate, Perry and I agreed not to recarpet the downstairs living room, but instead give it a good shampooing - a few times. It looks a lot better than it did, but it's going to go as soon as we get our spare room walled off and done. Hopefully within a year.

I spent the rest of Saturday and into Sunday painting the kids' rooms. Ms. Gail loved her pink room and was sad to have to move her room downstairs, so I'm going to try to redo her room - I'd like to add the trees to walls at some point too. JP insisted on green walls, and HD wanted a Star Wars room. He's so vague... We might get him a Star Wars bed set for Christmas.

Before Perry took me to the airport Sunday night, I insisted we do a video walk-through, like we did with our other house when we bought it. Since we did it at night, you can't see the backyard, which is a bummer. Don't mind me in the video - I was using a selfie stick, and then had troubles with it... 


Pretty big huh? I can't wait to make it feel more like mine though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!