Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Super Bowl Sunday Highlights

My kids have been anxiously awaiting this day for weeks now - mostly because of all the snacks we have out to eat, but hey, family time is family time. I was somehow blessed with a husband who is a fan of the Patriots, and I, being his loving wife, always, ALWAYS, cheer for whoever is playing against them. It keeps it interesting. Unfortunately for me, every team I cheered for during the playoffs lost, so it was only fitting the Falcons would lose too. I'm hoping this losing streak I'm on doesn't carry over to the Lions' next season!

Aside from the ups and downs and cheering and screaming from our Super Bowl "party", we had a fairly mellow day. We finally had a weekend free of commitments and temper tantrums. (Yes, I had a rough weekend last week trying to decide what color to paint the living room. It's such a hard choice when your husband is color blind and you yourself are indecisive!) I had spent this past week painting the walls with the little energy I could muster up, and sleeping the rest of the week away. My energy levels became so predictable that my 3 year old was asking me when I was going to lay down for a nap.

I'm not staying up any later than I normally would and I'm not getting up extremely early. I get a solid 8 hours of sleep each night, but by 1:00p I'm so done with the day. It's terrible. I'm starting to wonder if I might be displaying a few signs of depression or if it's a problem with my thyroids. I just want to feel better overall, but I also don't want to jump to conclusions, since I did just move here. I wouldn't say I feel lonely, just unmotivated to do anything. I'm surprised I didn't put off painting the living room longer than I did...

I am happy to report that today was a better day overall for me though. We had plans to go to church at 9:00a, but we didn't get out of bed until after 8:00a so we opted for the later service. I spent some of my free time on Saturday searching for churches in our area to check out. I stumbled upon Crossroads Community Church and after some reading, I decided we'd check that one out first. A huge plus that it was in an area of town I was some-what familiar with. My hubs cooked breakfast for our crew while I finished getting ready to go. Life-saver! I wasn't expecting the church to be so big, but it also has a school on the same campus so that made it feel much much bigger. Both boys contained their excitement when they walked into the kid's gym and saw a bounce house. Inside their little heads I knew they were screaming! The younger kids were broken up into classroom by their age and my little girl was like a magnet to the play kitchen they had in there. All three kids said they are excited to go back. That's a win right there! Hopefully that means no more whining when the word "church" is said.

I enjoyed the sermon too, but I'm a little hesitant to jump to claiming this church as "mine" because of the size. I don't want to be another face in the crowd so to speak. I can clearly see why it's so big though, I mean, like I said, I enjoyed the sermon, and it was obvious the Pastor was enjoyed by many. They're in the middle of the book of Daniel - this week he was speaking on the multi-metallic statue Nebuchadnezzar had dreamt about from chapter 2. His sermon revolved around the idea that God knows our future before we even do. That really resonated with me as I kept thinking back to early this summer when I confessed to my sister how I felt I was ready to move and start a new chapter in my life. Over and over my Hubs kept asking me about jobs here and there and I was always overcome with anxiety at just the thought of him applying. This time around, regardless of everything else that was going on in my life, I just felt at peace with him applying and going through the motions to earn a higher position. I was confused as to why the thought of staying where we were caused so much stress and grief to develop inside but moving, which is supposed to be very stressful, caused the opposite feelings. I felt good about it and so I realized this week that God was just preparing my heart this past summer for a new adventure. He knows the path I'm supposed to be taking, that's why moving never felt right - it wasn't His timing.

Now I'm here in the house I cried in when we toured it 4 months ago. I felt guilty for wanting to take a nap after returning home. Perry is constantly on the go doing something productive and I'm over here barely able to keep my eyes open for 5 hours. I powered through the afternoon, and with some help from the kids, managed to remove wallpaper from a small wall in the dining room. It's ready for paint now but the ceiling needs a little love first. I finished up just in time to see former President Bush being wheeled off the football field.
I'll tell you what though, wallpaper removal is not for the faint of heart! I'm seriously considering painting over it on the long wall in the dining room... There is two different patterns of wallpaper going on, and it took nearly two hours to remove one PANEL of it. That's like a 1.5'x9' strip. And we have 50? more feet of it to remove...I don't know if I want to invest that kind of time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!