Thursday, November 29, 2018

Happy Birthday to my Titanic-Loving Kid

Happy happy birthday to HD who is now double digits. Like how though?!
 At the beginning of the school year, he was really into the Titanic. We found a fictional book series about the passengers on the Titanic and he couldn't read them fast enough. He also enjoyed the book, "I Survived: The Sinking of the Titanic" which he also quickly read. He had no idea what he wanted for a cake this year, so I surprised him with the idea of the Titanic. He was quick to inform me he didn't want it to be sinking!
 He liked it, but he said he would have loved it if it had four stacks like the actual Titanic....

 I could not have done this cake without my dear friend, Alicia, though! She and her daughter came out for a concert and stayed an extra few days. Because that weekend coincided with HD's birthday party weekend, I suggested she help me with his cake. We had always talked about getting together to make a cake, but we never set aside time to actually do it. I figured now was a good time to check that one off our list. 
 She's got a pretty steady hand, so she did all the little windows on the bottom of the boat. HD was very interested in what she was working on and wanted to try it himself. 
The cake decorators and perfectionists in us were both thinking NO, it'll ruin it! So we let him do windows on the back of the boat, since there's ALWAYS a backside!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!