Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Frilly Dish Gloves

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting to make these! I stumbled upon a picture of some really cute dish gloves a while back when I was searching for a new apron. I have been eagerly waiting and saving for a sewing machine the past few months and I finally got one! My sister-in-law had one of her mom's that she wasn't using so it made it's way to me for a while. Super excited!

I was so anxious to get it out of the bag to set it up, but with the boys around, I knew that wasn't going to happen at all this morning. So the three of us made a trip to JoAnn's to pick out fabric to upgrade my gloves. While there, Hunter had a melt down. He saw some fabric that he INSISTED was his blanket. It looked nor felt anything like his blanket at home. The tears rolled for about 15 minutes. Ugh. As we were checking out, guess what song he starts singing? "I know what to do, when I'm about to poop..." See the Poop Song. I was completely embarrassed! Every little old lady that surrounded us looked at me with disgust.... : (

Lucky for me though, by 11:00a Hunter was yawning so it was early naps for both boys...and sewing for mom!! Didn't get much done...I really struggled with the bobbin. I haven't sewed in....12 years? It took a while to remember. Thank goodness the manual was with it!!

I think I must have "ripped out" (not that you really can with plastic gloves) the seams on the first glove about four times. Of course I thought it was going to be easier than it was. But I once I got the first one done, the second one was SUPER easy.


I can't wait to make more!! I just bought purple glove today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!