Saturday, September 15, 2012

Picnic at the Park

Our activity for today was to have a picnic at the park. We had one earlier this year, but the boys wanted to have another one. Honestly, I welcomed the idea because for one, it got us out of the house so Dad could sleep. And two, parks wear them out, which I love!

On our journey to the park, which is about 10 blocks away, give or take, I decided I would bring them in the wagon. Bike riding right now is just too hard for one person. We made it about half way there before we had a mishap. Hunter somehow fell out of the wagon. I don't know how it happened, nor did I even realize it happened, until I heard him start crying. When I looked back, and he was laying there like he was roadkill, but on the side walk. He was fine. 
We finally made it to the park and had our lunchables to eat.
 I let them eat their pudding first...
...which they slurped down!
After JP was done, he was excused to go play while Hunter finished up. He climbed on top the dinosaur, and then tried to crawl back down. It normally isn't a problem, except he went down head first and then landed on his face. He looked to be okay when I retrieved the crying boy, but soon after, I was speckled in blood from his nose...I'm glad I brought napkins!
 But it was nothing some Sour Patch Kids couldn't fix...or some dandelions!
Once JP was up and running around, Hunter took a potty break. Glad I went into the port-a-potty with him because he nearly fell in...eek! When that was handled I went to clean up lunch. Meanwhile the boys found this water bag around the tree, and opted to jump on it instead of playing with all of the equipment there. Need less to say they were soaking wet by the time I realized what they were doing and got to them. 
 Hunter then insisted on taking his clothes off...we compromised on just the pants....and then we went home.
 I was pretty sure they were both going to fall asleep there for a while...but the trip home didn't last long enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!