Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Our Completed Lego Table!

We finished it! Hooooray! I probably could have painted it a month ago but I just wasn't motivated to do it. Originally I wasn't even going to paint the table, but then I really looked at it... I love love love how it turned out, so much so that I don't even want to use it as a Lego table anymore. I think I've got a great space in my entry for it...but maybe when the kids are done with it a few years down the road...
Here's the sewing table I found on Craigslist a couple months ago. It's been sitting in the garage collecting stuff ever since "the incident."
  I don't recall the top of the table looking so shabby previously, but I also hadn't looked at it for a while...maybe it became this way from all the stuff it collected? Either way, I decided it needed a good painting. At the Vintage Fair I went to with my mom and sister Kim, we saw a couple where they painted it two different colors. I loved them. 
 Perry finally regained his confidence working with his power tools again so last weekend he got back to work on the box for the Legos. It's not pretty. At all. And he knows it. I sanded it down a bit to get rid of a few jags, but even though I ended up painting the box too, I'm thinking I might meet up with my good "friend" JoAnn to see if I can't find some fabric I like to cover it...
While I got to work on painting the table and the box, JP was busy playing with the remote control cars Grandma found at the Whitefish house. He literaurlly played with them for hours trying to figure out how to keep the batteries in them. We might have went through a whole roll of scotch tape...
It took an entire week, we but I finally got everything done! I think it turned out great! I found the leftover paint from when I painted Hunter's room with cars and decided to go ahead and paint it grey - since I've been loving grey lately. 
I was going to leave these stools black, but then I had an idea to paint them to match the table. I tried them two different ways and ended up painting both with black tops and grey legs. 
 I love how it turned out! I'm excited for the boys to be able to use it! The only thing that I don't like is taking the Lego box out. Perry made it fit a little too tightly, so at some point I'll make him shave it down a little. But for now, it works!
One of my projects over the next few weeks is to finish up this quilt I sewed together in a matter of a couple weeks. It was supposed to take longer...Now I have a reason to finish it up - to use my new table!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!