Sunday, May 24, 2015

So Long Pre-School - Here Comes Kindergarten!

We did it! Another year of school is in the books for JP! This year flew by - it seems like we just started and now we're done for the summer!
Look at how little he was at the beginning of the year! He's grown so much!  Every time JP hits a milestone, whether it be a birthday, or some kind of accomplishment (like riding his bike with no training wheels, again!) he always asks if I'm going to cry. I just might this time! He's my baby Jim! He doesn't even look like the same kid...
 His preschool program was Friday morning. Unfortunately Perry wasn't able to come this year. Because it only lasts about 10 minutes, it was going to take close to an hour out of his morning and couldn't really justify it. I think was for the best anyways - Charlotte would have been all over the place if Daddy were around! I was able to contain her in a chair with my phone while I video taped. At the end of each song she was more than eager to clap for the all the kids. 
 Even when there were hand gestures to go along with the songs, my little JP kept his hand in his pockets. He told me it was because his hands were really warm. This is the only song he took them out for, and only because he had to hold his bullfrog. All the kids were so cute to watch!
It was like pulling teeth to get him to take a picture with my cap and gown on, just like it was last year... We settled for just the cap, but he refused to take his backpack off. 
 I might have bribed him with a sucker to get him in the gown... what ever works, right? So now he's on to bigger things soon, like Kindergarten! He went to Kindergarten Roundup at the school last week and said he enjoyed it. Lucky kid with know quite a few kids in his class/also in Kindergarten next year. He went to preschool with 3 kids that will also go to his school, and there are 4 other Kindergartners on our lane alone! Lucky kid! Hunter didn't know anyone!
Get me out of this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!