Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Grandma Gets Re-Married!

We never would have guessed at the beginning of the year that we would be attending a wedding for Grandma Betty. I don't recall when she decided to start dating again after the passing of her husband, John, but I know that she put all her faith in God to lead her to the right person. The Lord did just that and we are all so happy to see her happy and excited about life again!

Our family met her new 'mate in July when the 7 of us took a hike up Morrell Falls. This was where she expressed to me how much in love with him she was, and that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with him! John later confessed something similar to Perry while they were out grilling. A few short days later, we received a call announcing that he did in fact propose and they were planning on an October wedding, a little over 2 months away. We had spent one more weekend with John and Grandma in Washington when he was introduced to Em and Colin before their wedding.

They planned the wedding for October 15th at Rich Ranch near Seeley Lake, MT. It was a beautiful ranch! Though the weather hadn't been favorable all week, the rain held off on Saturday and was a nice warm-ish fall day. 
In the morning after every had breakfast, most of the wedding guests loaded into the wagon for a horse ride around the ranch. I hung back at the lodge so I could work on assembling and decorating the wedding. While I would have had time to get it done after the wedding, or even after the wagon ride, I preferred to work on it when there was a lot less to distract me. Like kids... 
 Everyone that went enjoyed the little excursion - HD especially because he had to ride up front to make room for everyone in the back! He loved it!
 While we originally weren't expecting Cameron, Erin, and Stevie to be able to come to the wedding, because Erin just had sweet little Addyson only several weeks prior, we're so happy they made it after all! I was so anxious to meet the newest member to the Dustin family!
The wedding was short and sweet and turned out just perfect. She looked so pretty in her grey dress. At the end of the ceremony, John surprised her by singing her a song he had written for her. So sweet!
There was lots of dancing going on throughout the afternoon that was entertaining to watch. Little Stevie sure has some killer dance moves! Perry joined in and showed off his stellar moves, in hopes that Stevie would copy him. That was fun to watch! Perry has some serious moves! I danced only a little - I had to lead the group in the "Chicken Dance" only because it was too painful to watch them do it wrong! 
After dinner I brought out the cake for everyone to enjoy. I love how it turned out! She wanted a simple cake with three red roses. I messy frosted the outside to make it fit into the rustic decor and the wooden slab fit in perfectly! She loved it!
There were a couple toasts to the bride and groom and then they cut the cake and each had a turn smearing it in each others faces. 

Perry and I made a quick trip into town to stop by one of my former co-workers' wedding, but I didn't realize the reception was somewhere else, so we missed out and headed back to the ranch earlier than planned. We brought Ms. Gail with and she fell asleep in the car on the way back - worked out perfectly! 
Dancing was winding down when we came back to the lodge from putting Ms. Gail  to bed. HD managed to sneak a dance with Grandma before the night was over and JP caught a few pictures of Perry and I dancing together too. Pictures of us together (other than selfies!) are far and few between! Thanks JP!

I'm going to wrap up this post with a few little out takes of Ms. Gail and I. That girl... All mom wants is ONE good picture!

And in her best pose, she blinks. *face palm*
We did manage to find one decent one out of the bunch Perry snapped :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!