Sunday, October 2, 2016

School is Back in Session! (A Month Ago!)

 These last two months have been a whirlwind for us! Look, it's already October and I'm just NOW posting our first day of school pictures. I'm so far behind!
 HD was anxious to get back to school to see his friends, but ultimately was dreading going back. His friend, Sullivan, who was in his class in kindergarten and 1st grade, moved across town and is now going to a different school this year and this has really bummed HD out. Usually every day is bad because Sullivan isn't there. Poor guy!
JP was excited to go back to school to see his best friend too. He was really sad they weren't in the same class, but they sit together on the bus and play at recess so it's not so bad. 
Can you tell how our morning went? Hahaha! They just really don't like photo-ops with mom! After pictures were taken, we rode our bikes to school. I took Ms. Gail around the turn that leads to the tunnel and HD passed JP and inadvertently cut JP off in the process and caused him to wreck. That was fun too. Luckily his soccer socks helped save his knee from too much blood. Because the bike trailer had a flat tire, I picked the boys up from school in the car. I'm thinking JP was set on biking home and that might have been why he didn't talk after school. I took them out to frozen yogurt as a special treat and that seemed to perk him right up! 
Ms. Gail started pre-school after Labor Day and was SO EXCITED! She's been waiting for it for a solid year. Perry took the day off to recover from our vacation to Seattle (which I should be blogging about soon!) and was able to take his baby to school. She did so well! I think it helped having her go to the childcare the week before since I started filling in at work. The following week didn't go over so well with mom dropping her off. She wouldn't let go of me, and cried all morning to me about not wanting to go. Eventually her teacher just had to take her from my leg. Ms. Gail said she had so much fun when I picked her up though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!