Monday, October 6, 2014

More Fun at Green Bluffs!

Last year we had so much fun out at Green Bluffs in Washington that we had to go again. This year Perry and Aunt Bobby joined Kile and I and the kids. We went straight to Siemer's this year because we knew that it was kid friendly. We just forgot how outrageously priced the extras are.... They have a really cool corn maze there that winds through the corn and into some hedges where there is a big castle. Obviously Hunter and JP wanted to go *really* bad, but we weren't about to spend $7 for each of them + $9 per adult to go... So we went ahead and picked pumpkins. 
 Hunter can be such a little moocher! As soon as Aunt Kile grabbed the cart and put Casey in it, he jumped in as well...
 Can you believe she only has about 6 weeks to go before we get to meet baby #2? She's tiny! 
 As soon as we got to the pumpkin patch, all three of my kids were off in different directions. Casey hung tight to momma's leg. :) 
Aunt Bobby and JP headed one direction and came back with this white gem...which I promptly said put it back, I'm not paying for a 30 lb pumpkin! 
 Casey did explore a bit, but he didn't get as dirty as Charli did! She was caked in dust! Actually everyone's shoes were. We should have planned to wear different shoes...next time!

 I sure hope Casey had fun with his cousins because they really enjoyed pushing him around in the cart!
I'm anxious to see how they play with him when he's a "real kid".
 After we paid for our pumpkins, and lost JP in the process (he didn't even know he was lost until we found him...), I took the boys for a ride on the "Big Toot", as opposed to the "Little Toot" that they rode on last year. I have a hard time handing off my camera to other people, but I am trying to be better about it. I don't want to end up being the ghost behind the camera years from now.
 The "Big Toot" went for a cruise around the farm and lasted about 7 minutes. When we were coming around the last turn, the train slowed down a bit and started jerking a little. Hunter announced very confidently, "There's something wrong with this train! It must be the engine..." 
 While we were cruising around the farm, Charli hung out with dad and wandered through the corn stalks that were for sale. 
 With a lot of persuading, we eventually made it to Eleven Acres again to do some apple picking. 
 JP picked a lot of small apples and then complained that his basket was too heavy. Go figure. 
 Perry was all about sampling the apples. 
 So were Casey and Charlotte...
 I'm sure even though he probably won't admit it, Perry enjoyed himself. 
 I did too... even though it doesn't look like it. As I said earlier, I have a hard time handing my camera over - mostly because I end up with pictures of myself looking like this... meh.
 But I was able to bribe Hunter to take a picture with his mommy. 
And I bat my eyes enough times for Perry to take one with me too. We hardly have any pictures of us, so I'm also trying to get more of the two of us.
Casey was being a cheeseball the whole time we attempted to get a good picture of the 4 of them together. You can't quite tell, but JP was also attempting to go cross-eyed too.
JP! One normal picture, please! Your eyes are *going* to get stuck like that! It hurts me to look at your cute face when you do that!

Overall we had a wonderful, but short trip to Spokane this past weekend. The kids and I left Saturday and came home late Sunday. Perry took his own vehicle as he had to stay for work. Before we left town on Sunday, I made good of a promise to take them to the Big Red Wagon downtown. I really didn't want to take the 3 of them by myself, but we managed. Barely.
 JP, why so scared?
I wanted to retake this one while we were there but the blocks were being used as a bike rack...
 JP and I attempted to get a picture of Charlotte by the wagon, but she can't stand still. She has Hunter's energy...
This is the best we could do for a shot of all three of them. Leaving the wagon was a disaster. It confirmed to me why I didn't want to go alone. I lost Hunter while gathering up Charlotte and JP. He wandered ran down to the river and got down on his belly to touch the water. When I was glancing around to spot him, he was no where to be seen because the river bank was a little downhill, and with him laying on his belly...I was in full blown panic mode. I was paranoid enough about losing one of them... Hunter pouted and fought with me the whole way back to the car because he didn't want to hold my hand or the stroller. But we made it. And then we swung by Perry's hotel room with some fast food before hitting the road. It was a long two days, but worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!