Saturday, September 5, 2015

2015 Soccer Season Off To A Good Start

It started out as a rough morning for us. Everyone was extra tired from yesterday, and I was wanting to sleep for an extra half an hour. Charlotte woke up around 7 and came running to my room announcing, in a not-so-quiet voice, "I'm wake, mommy! I wake mom! I wake up mommy!" Oh good job, Charlotte...And then she turned on the lights. UGH. I'm so not a morning person. I then found Hunter trying to sneak a bunch of snacks out of the pantry, followed by another pillow fort making the downstairs a disaster. Not what I wanted to wake up to...

We made it to the soccer field with a couple minutes to spare, after hiking clear across the rain soak grass in my heel boots. What was I thinking? 
 JP got his jersey right before the game. He's number 5 and thinks it's super cool, since he's 5. (Hunter 6 in baseball and was 6 years old too..)
 Before the game began, Coach Debi went over the basic things, like how they were going to kick off, and which way to kick the ball. They also decided they were going to be the Sharks when they wear their blue jerseys and the Dragons when they wear the red pinnies. 
JP was chosen to kick the ball off to start the game off. Woot woot!
 Not to be confused, that's about the only time he kicked the ball...There was a little bit of standing around on his part. 
 Occasionally, he would throw it in, or do a corner kick? whatever that is...
But more likely you could him chasing after everyone and running to where the ball was before it was kicked away. He did great regardless. Other than practice the other day, this was really his first time playing soccer. 
 At the very end of the 2nd quarter, he just stopped playing. He instead stood in the center of the field staring at me...like this. 
 There was a little confusion after the half when they switched nets. JP was told to go near the net so he could be ready to kick it in. He instead opted to be the goalie against his team. Ooops!
 
He took a break on the sidelines for a little while, and then came in without his coach's "okay" so they played 5 on 4 for a while before she noticed. 
At the beginning of the 2nd half, it started to lightly rain. By the end of the game, everyone was pretty wet and ready to go. JP said he had a lot of fun and is excited for his next game. I just hope the weather is better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!