Monday, February 8, 2016

JP's Room: Before

Remember when we decided to re-do Hunter's room, and I posted all the before pictures and never the after ones? Yeah that was over a year ago...It's all done. Maybe one of these days I'll post it too, but in the meantime, we're re-doing JP's room. It's been a long over-due project that we're just ready to cross off our list. Plus he's turning SIX in a few days too so there's that. 
I feel like I might have touched on this before when I posted about his closet remodel, but JP lucked out a few times when the boys were young and sharing a room. I had enough of the giggling and getting out of bed so I had JP sleep in the guest room, and I liked it so much that it just became his room. Queen sized bed and all.
Originally this room was two shades of green when we moved it. It was also the last room to receive a paint job since we had a few people in and out of the room for about 2 years. If I'd have known JP was going to be *obsessed* with green, I never would have painted it. Aside from having a huge bed, he also scored the extra TV in room as well. (We have a VHS-DVD player hooked up to it and occasionally the kids will get to have a slumber party in JP's room and watch a movie.)
After lots of discussion, we decided it was finally time to get JP a bed that is more appropriately sized for his room and to get him some carpet. Before we got going on anything we made plans to have him stay the weekend with Grandma so we could surprise him. :) And he had to have his room clean before he left too. Looks like lots of work for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!