Monday, February 8, 2016

JP's Room: Saturday

Saturday morning came too quick. I wasn't ready to start working again but Perry was. He spent the morning drilling into the concrete. Way too loud for me. Luckily I had other things to work on.
Let me just pause here for a minute to say this: Perry pretty much rocks. He can do almost anything from tiling, to plumbing, to carpeting to anything woodwork related. I really scored big when I married him!
By late morning, he was done with all the drilling and had the padding laid. I made sure the green had enough paint on it and then I busied myself with the curtains. 
I thought about making my own, but I saw some Ninja Turtle ones at the store and opted to go that way instead. I didn't realize they were going to be super long so I ended up hemming them. You can't even tell they were hemmed! I felt pretty accomplished!
This was the first time I saw the carpet. The day before he just went out and bought some without my approval. When I asked him to send me a picture, the response I got was, "You'll see it when I lay it out." Ugh. But he did a nice job picking it out, I'll give him that. 
Also while I was at the store picking up a few things, I spotted this guy. For Christmas, I let the kids each pick out a little stuffed thing that I would buy them for Christmas. Hunter picked out a Minion, Charlotte picked out an owl, and JP settled on the orange Ninja Turtle since they didn't have any blue ones. We stayed at a rented house for Christmas and he slept with his Ninja Turtle and it became lost in the sheets. After we checked out, I called the owner to let him know, and he told us he remembered seeing it, but since there were other guests there, he'd have to wait to get it. And then he never got back to me and we just called it a loss. I went back to the store shortly there after and they were all gone, so I was over the moon when I found one at a different store! WooHoo!
We spent Thanksgiving at my parents house and while we were there, Aunt Bobby and JP had a little time together doing some craft projects. Before I knew it, he handed these to me to keep. I can't tell you how impressed I was! I love his artwork!  When I was done with the curtains, I painted these frames for his pictures. (I'm keeping the originals; these are pictures of the orginals.)
I left for work that afternoon, and later that evening, Perry finished up the carpet. He said he really struggled with the closet because when we made it, the dividing wood piece went all the way to the floor, so he was having a hard time trying to get carpet under it. But he did it, and was sore for the rest of the night. I was planning on painting a little bit more after work that night, but after the shift I had, there was no way. I was too mad and fired up to stay up much longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!