Monday, February 8, 2016

JP's Room: Friday

As soon as JP left for school on Friday, I started working on his room. My first project was his desk chair. This old thing came from the Dome Home and traveled with me when I moved into my first house. In the last decade it's gotten plenty of use from me at my sewing machine or desk, and more recently from JP. With the changes we were making in his room, I thought this would be an easy project to get out of the way first.

I planned on just painting it green and calling it good, but since we're adding a few Ninja Turtle related things to his room, I got a little carried away...
I think my Ninja Turtles turned out to look more like crocodiles than any thing, but hey! Maybe I'll repaint them later... For now they'll do. I just know he's going to like his Ninja Turtle chair!

When he came home from school, he had just enough time to clean up his room and pack his suitcase before Grandma picked him up. He's been looking forward to going to Grandma's house for a while and was SO EXCITED it was finally time to go! Once Perry finished with work and we had dinner, we lost no time emptying out his room.
I forgot how horrible of a job the previous owners did installing the flooring. I mean, I'm reminded of it daily upstairs, but I forgot about this HUGE crack in the floor in JP's room. So glad we're taking it all out! While I started painting one of the walls green, Perry took a trip to Home Depot to pick up carpet and tack strips. I would just like to say this. He made me measure Hunter's room when we went to re-carpet it and he messed up my measurements and almost tried buying carpet to cover a 25'x25' room. I kaboshed that quickly (even though my measurements were wrong, it wasn't wrong by 15'.) This time he measured JP's room, and somehow figured that he would need 600 linear feet of tack strips. I don't know how linear feet are calculated, but I knew immediately when he brought these two massive boxes inside there was a lot of miscalculations going on... He actually needed about 40 linear feet... At least we can return the unused ones!
By then end of the evening, I completed the daunting task of sponge-painting bricks on the bottom portion of the walls. I am in love with how it turned out! I was even more in love with the fact that it only took maybe half an hour? Hardly anytime compared to what I had originally thought! Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!