Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Another Year of Swimming Lessons at the Round House

HD spent a week at the round house with Nanny and Papa, so we thought it was only fair that JP spent a week with them as well. I was a little nervous about leaving him there for a week, but he did fine. Nanny said he was really quiet, and didn't talk much. We FaceTimed a few times and even then he didn't say much, but when Ms. Gail, HD, and I returned the following Sunday, he was SO excited to see everyone. I think HD and JP really missed each other!

The four of us stayed for the rest of the week to do swimming lessons. (I stuck around so I could quilt a blanket I made for a co-worker!) 
 HD and JP had lessons together and both passed level 2, but they aren't strong enough swimmers to be in level 3 because they can't quite make it across the deep end yet. We're going to work on that this fall/winter. 
Ms. Gail wasn't quite tall enough for lessons on her own, so we took the Little Tikes class and she did amazing! She's a fish! I've taken her to the hotel to swim a few times, but she's always had her lifejacket on and would just float around, so I was surprised as to how comfortable she was swimming under the water. She'd jump in the pool and swim to me from 10-15 ft away without coming up for air first. Obviously she passed!
 We made a trip to Rudyard to see the dinosaur museum and the rest of place. The kids really enjoyed the old school house.
 JP even played a little number on his Great-Great-Grandma and Grandpa's piano (the one I was named after!)
 JP went to the dinosaur museum with Nanny the week before so he already "knew everything there was to know" about the museum. The kids even held a dinosaur bone, with Nanny's help!
 Ms. Gail wasn't too impressed with the museum. I think the dinos were a little to big and scary for her!
 We also wandered though the main museum and checked out the Canadian washing machine Nanny donated that was her Grandma's.
 As well as the sewing machine she donated as well. JP was really excited to show this to us!
 We also spent one windy morning flying HD's kite. I bought the kids kites a while ago, but it's never windy enough at home to fly them. The farm however... Ms. Gail took a turn flying HD's kite, and then immediately let go after I took this picture. I'm sure it would have been fun to watch Nanny and I sprint after it...
 HD was the one wanting to fly his kite, but one he did, he was over it. (It did take us a while to get it in the air...)
 JP seemed to enjoy it a little more. But not much more.
 I'm not sure we would have been able to fly it if Nanny wasn't around helping! Hahaha!
One night HD left me this note on his bedroom door. I went in and searched his room for him anyways. Turns out he wasn't even in there! He went down the hall and was sleeping with JP! Those two...

And one more blurb about the round house that needs mentioning - One morning early on in the week, Ms. Gail and I were heading out the door to go to swimming lessons, when she looks over to the bunkhouse where all the kitties usually are and says, "Oh mom! Look at all the kitties!" I look over to the bunkhouse to see not 1, not 2, not 3, but EIGHT (give or take) skunks running past! The rest of the week we were paranoid about the kids accidentally running into one. By the end of the week, the yard just smelled like skunk. Yum... I think they're down to two left. Glad it's them and not me! Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!