Wednesday, July 6, 2016

4th of July at the Round House

Is it ironic that my last post was about HD losing his first, and tonight before I left for work, Perry told me HD *finally* lost his 2nd tooth. The only reason this one held on for so long was because the tooth that was going to replace it came up behind it, and at an angle. I see braces in his future for sure! After spending a week with my parents at the farm, I'm glad he waited until he was home to lose it!

Speaking of the farm, check out these shots I took while we were there to drop off JP and pick up HD. The fireworks were just a nice bonus!

They just melt my heart! HD spent all last week there, Monday - Sunday with Nanny and Papa and FaceTimed us at least once a day, telling us every detail of his days. On Sunday, Perry and I packed up Ms. Gail and JP and headed to the Round House to bring HD home, and to leave JP for the next week, Tuesday - Sunday. And then I'm headed back on Sunday to stay until at least Friday so the kids can do swimming lessons this year. By the end, July will be half over already! What? How?!

Normally we spend the 4th of July in Seeley Lake with Grandma, but she had made other plans this year, and with HD already being at the round house, we decided to go there this year. Pretty convenient planning. We don't have the opportunity to light off fireworks in town like we do when we're at the farm, so this was very exciting for my boys!
They used their sparklers to light other things and then used old fireworks as targets for other fireworks. If it could be burned, it was. 
Ms. Gail enjoyed her time with her super long sparklers. 
 HD really enjoyed the tanks, and having the tanks shoot at the egg-laying chickens. 
 JP lit up every time a firework went off too. I loved watching their reactions to the fireworks, instead of watching the fireworks themselves.
 I'm sure they'd have lit off fireworks all day if we let them, and had more.
Those boys definitely missed each other! It was sweet to see them reunite again!
 One of their favorite past times while at the round house is the trampoline. My dad dug a hole for it about 15 years ago when a wind storm picked it up and blew it threw our front windows... The hole has gradually gotten bigger as the years went on. At one point we had carpet all the way around it!
 Ms. Gail even got her kitty fix while we were there. Guess what she named this black one? Booties, but only after she wanted to call it Hunter. 
 After we went to Havre for dinner at Rod's Drive-In Sunday night, the boys were told to settle down or they'd have to walk home from Havre. We were kidding, but Ms. Gail really wanted to walk to Nanny's and cried about it for the entire trip back. Once we got close, HD told us he walked home from the 2nd field and wanted to do it again. We instead let him out at the corner and he ran the 1/4 mile home. (See that little speck on the road? That's him!) Ms. Gail, my mom, and I got out a few telephone poles away so Ms. Gail could walk home. 
While we were waiting for it to get dark out, Perry and I and the kids took a little walk to watch the sunset and I just happened to capture Ms. Gail playing in the wheatfield. So sweet!

 We also snuck in a campfire, which Stafford attended with JP. S'mores all 'round!
On the afternoon of the 4th, Perry and I took HD and JP to Havre Beneath the Streets. HD was telling us a while ago about how people lived beneath the streets in Seattle, and Havre has by far the best display, so he was excited to see it. They behaved really well, and HD even asked our guide a few questions! Their favorite part was getting candy from the bakery :) They were treated to DQ afterwards for being on good behavior!
 For the 4th we went back to Havre to watch the firework from one of my dad's cousin's business. Great view from there. So close we could see them being lit. Before they started, I snagged this photo of the gorgeous sunset! I just wish I could have gotten a better picture! 

After two late nights, we packed up in the morning and headed home so I could sleep the evening away to prepare myself to work through the night. I'm anxious to go back next week for lessons! I already miss JP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!