Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Monkey Shiner Babblings

While we were headed to the cabin the last week, we had a few boys in the back calling out road signs.
H - "That sign said 'deer are going to come down the mountain onto the road'."
J - "Deer shouldn't be on the road, otherwise we'll hit 'em! [Long pause] One time I hit a giraffe with my car."

J - "I just saw a whale on that sign! [Fishing access] You better watch out for whales on the road!"

After explaining to Hunter and JP that Grandpa was in heaven, and once you go to heaven, you don't come back, JP retorted matter-of-factly, "Unless you have a really tall ladder!"

And then the other night at the dinner table, we started talking about Grandpa.
M - "But you want to know what's really cool about Grandpa being in heaven now? You can talk to him whenever you want and he'll hear you!"
H - "Because he's in our hearts?"
M - "Yep."
J - "Why did Grandpa take his phone with him?"

On our way to preschool today:
J - "Mom can you hand me some paper to color on?!"
H - "Jimmy, mom is driving. I have to go to school so my friends can drive me nuts."
M - "Why do your friends drive you nuts?"
H - "Because they play and it just drives me nuts!"
M - "Don't you play too?"
H - "Well yeah but they're just nuts!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!