Saturday, August 30, 2014

I Love a Good Rain Storm...and So Do My Kids

The other last week we had some pretty mellow summer weather where it didn't get excruciatingly hot. We had days that had high around 75 and those days I wanted to turn the heater on in our house...In the evenings we had a few days that came with down pouring rain. I loved every minute of it! 
 
It probably poured for about an hour, and the sound of it was music to my ears!
Isn't she just the sweetest thing? I love when she lets me pull her hair back! She just recently learned how to climb on the couch and loves looking out the window.
We recently finished reading "The Boxcar Children" (in one day mind you) and Hunter had the kids on his brain. Shortly after it started raining, Hunter called out to JP, "Get the pans! We have to collect the rain like the Boxcar Children!" Before they left the house, I made sure they had at least a jacket on. Hunter came up also wearing B's laundry hamper liner...
They spent A LOT of time collect rain from the leaky gutters, just to throw into the grass and start over. They were acting like they had never seen rain before!? But I suppose it's not every day you get to run around and play in it!
B had even ventured out in the rain when I was photographing the boys. She loved it just as much!
It was raining so hard that just walking across the patio to get her, left me drenched. You can imagine how soaked the boys were after playing outside for about twenty minutes. I let B toddle around the patio for a few minutes but brought her in when she started sucking all the water off the patio like a dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!