Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Fair is in Town!

All day today, JP had been asking over and over, "When we're going to go to the parade?" Over and over I told him, "We're not going to a parade, we're going to the fair, as soon as dad home." When Perry arrived home from yet another business trip, he finished up some work while Charli napped, and I read out of my Beatrix Potter book in the backyard to the boys. I hoped to go to the fair in the afternoon before the swarms of people arrived. Perry thought we were going after dinner... When we finally arrived, the boys were SO anxious to hop on the rides!
 During our slumber party last night, I told Hunter and JP that the first child to go to sleep would get to pick the first ride at the fair. I thought JP would win, but Hunter passed out long before JP did. He chose to ride the airplanes first. I was shocked to see JP in a blue plane...
Right next to the planes was the Dragon Wagon. Knowing how much fun they had last year on it, they were eager to go again. 
 Except this year, JP was TERRIFIED! He was almost in tears!
 Charli was a handful for most of the fair. I think she was mostly hungry, but good grief is she going to be hard to ever leave with anyone...I WANT MOMMY! 
 She was a handful, but a trooper. The boys must have rode the helicopter at least 4 times. JP's favorite ride again. 
 When he saw the slide, he was super excited to go down it, but once it was his turn to go up, he decided against it and let Hunter go by himself. Hunter loved it! 
 After a few more rides on the helicopters, Charli was anxious to get out of the stroller... She wanted to walk everywhere!
 Hunter went on the dragon a second time, and enjoyed it much more without his crying brother. 
 The kid behind him? Not so much...
 I take it back, this was JP's favorite "ride." You climb to the top to go down a slide...
 Hunter enjoyed this kid version of a free fall ride. But it was much slower and didn't go very high...You can see how exciting the one girl is about it...
I cut Hunter's hair today. Isn't he handsome?! And doesn't he look so grown up?! Like a kindergartner!
I do miss his curls though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!