Wednesday, August 6, 2014

We Have Raspberries!

When I was little, maybe 5 or 6 years old, I recall going to my best friend's house to pick raspberries in their backyard. We would crawl through the large bush-like patch just to get the best ones, even if it meant getting scratch after scratch. Eventually they took their raspberry patch out, and ever since, I've longed for my own. 

In high school, I thought about planting raspberries in my parents backyard, but realized by the time they produced raspberries, I wouldn't be around to enjoy them. So I waited. And waited. When Perry and I bought our house 5 years ago, we happened to get neighbors who would let Hunter and JP come over and pick berries and that made me want my own patch even more! Finally three years ago, we transplanted some sprigs off their patch, plus a couple from our local nursery. That year I harvested a solid 3 raspberries. Last year there was a handful more, maybe 15. This year rocked! I harvested enough for a batch of jam! (And it's deliciously amazing!) And we still had more than enough for just eating! I told Perry that I would be happy to make my millions growing and harvesting raspberries....Maybe some day!
We only have a couple berries left to pick now, but as soon as Charlotte is outside, she's off to the garden!
She knows how to find the good ones!
And nothing will get in her way...not even the fencing!
MOM! Charli's in the raspberries again!
 If we were playing hide and seek, she'd win every time!
Have I told you how much she adores Hunter, and how much Hunter adores her? It's so dang cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!