Monday, February 2, 2015

A Lazy Saturday

I don't understand my children one bit. On the weekdays they are a *pain* to get out of bed . I usually get Hunter up and going around 7:15 and JP usually wakes up on his own in all the commotion but is super grumpy about it, or he'll wake up when Charlotte does since her room is right above his. I've recently wrangled Perry into helping me a little with Hunter in the mornings because I am *so tired of fighting* with him. Put your toys away and get dressed child! Then the weekend rolls around... Perry and I are super excited to sleep and what's that I hear? Whispering on stairs? Foot steps in the hall? Charlotte giggling? You're kidding me. It's 6:30 in the morning, on a SLEEP IN day! Whatever. Let them play... But seriously, nothing is more annoying than saying, "Stay in your room and be quiet when you wake up," and finding them bouncing off the wall in their sister's room... Or letting her out of her room... 

This Saturday started out similar, expect it was just Hunter bouncing off the walls in Charlotte's room. JP crawled into bed with me in the middle of the night after getting sick in his bed. Clearly I didn't process that. Because only minutes from me getting out of bed after Perry, I rolled over and asked JP how he felt. He just said his body felt icky. And then he erupted on me. Not once, not twice, but three times. Needless to say, our Saturday was already off to a grumpy start... I hate laundry.
 After breakfast Perry decided to surprise the boys by getting his Legos down from the attic. JP had been building with Legos a few days before and became very frustrated with his structure because his platform was bent. Perry agreed to get them some new flat board to build off of, but didn't say when. As soon as the kids were dressed, he brought them in and their excitement could not be contained!
 He has a lot of random pieces in his Lego collection. Just like our boys', his Lego collection was created by mixing sets of Legos together. He has pieces from ships to castles, to trees to spaceships, and the usual police cars and race cars. (And a few miscellaneous things like marbles, rocks, screws, and puzzle pieces.)
 Of course you can only keep Charlotte off the table for so long. She loves digging around in the boys' Legos. And nothing makes them more upset. There was a lot of "CHAW-LEE"s being shouted. 
 She thinks she's just soooo funny! Stepping on Legos like it doesn't actually hurt...pssh.
 Perry had a lot of Medival guys in his collection so Hunter and I set them up in our ships. The guys below are playing racquetball, while the guys up top are actually fighting. 
 Some of my guys ran out of weapons to hold so they fought with oars, and a stop sign. 
 JP was content building rockets. They were entertained for HOURS. 
 By the time dinner rolled around, I was feeling very unmotivated to cook. I've been overly tired the past few weeks where it's a struggle to get through the day without a power nap. When Perry suggested roasting hot dogs over a campfire, JP ran to the door yelling, "This is going to be the best dinner EVER!!" 
 Charlotte was very cautious of the fire, saying "hot" every time she looked at it. Literally, every time. 
It was a little chilly out but perfect none the less for our first cook-out in 2015. After dinner we all sat down and pulled out the directions from 1996 (he's a Dustin...) and Perry and Hunter worked on building a massive pirate ship, while JP and worked on making a yacht. Because there was actually two tubs of Legos, and we only had one of them, both groups were missing key pieces so we all quit and got ready for bed. Our bed was still drying after I shampooed it from the mornings "incident" so Perry and I opted to camp-out in the living room. Worst night of sleep ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!