Friday, March 27, 2015

JP Has Glasses and I Can't Even...

A month or so ago, I took JP in for his 5 year check-up which later lead to a trip to the eye doctor. When everything was said and done, we learned he needed glasses. Just as we were ready to get him glasses, Hunter caught the flu bug, followed by JP and then Charlotte. Luckily we made it to Shopko (one of the select few places in Missoula that takes our eye insurance) and picked him out some glasses. Guess what sold him on these ones (since they didn't have green ones)? NINJA TURTLES! If he looks to the right, he can see it on the inside of his frames. Score. And it's his favorite one - Leonardo. Double score!
Just look at him! I could eat him up! 
 He wasn't too sure about them at first. But as the day progressed, he became more comfortable. 
 Seriously! Just look at him!!! GAHH! 
 We picked up his glasses today, just before Grandma came over to pick up Hunter for his weekend at the cabin. Since Hunter was being spoiled by Grandma, we thought we'd give JP *a lot* of extra love tonight. We took him and Charlotte out to Johnny Carino's for dinner (because I knew they had Mac 'n Cheese there!)
 Before we actually picked out his glasses, he told us he wanted green ones, but then later changed his mind and said he wanted some like dads. Adorable!!
After dinner we went across the street for ice cream, because it's a rule - glasses come with ice cream. 
We finished the night off with a RedBox movie - Mr. Peabody & Sherman. JP loved it! 
I loved watching him snuggle up in his TMNT jammies and eat popcorn from his TMNT mug Aunt Bobby painted for him, all the while wearing his glass. Seriously, I could have just stared at him all night. My heart was about to burst. 

If you see him, be sure to compliment him on his new glasses! He's really self conscious about them. I think the phrases, "Put them back on," "Push them up," and "Stop playing with them" were on repeat this afternoon...

1 comment:

Katie Strissel said...

He's a pretty handsome little guy Sadie! I think he looks almost exactly like you. But now with his awesome glasses he looks like his daddy too! :)
Also, I love that he's into TMNT. My brother and I loved that as kids.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!