Thursday, March 12, 2015

JP Needs Glasses & Hunter Caught the Flu Bug

Today came and passed before I even realized it. For some reason it just flew by! Some days I can wait for them to be over but for reason, I'm wanting this one to last just a little bit longer - so instead of going to bed at 11pm, I've decided to stay up late to blog a bit. There's nothing like a clear mind at bedtime - especially since I haven't been sleeping well the last few days.

JP turned 5 a month ago and when I took him to his doctor's appointment, he had his hearing and vision tested. JP is such a shy kid. I don't know how to get him to talk, even just a little! He left the room with the nurse to take the hearing and vision test. Before we left she gave us the results. 1) They did the hearing test, and I'm going to assume he can hear, but he wouldn't respond to the nurse at all when she played the beeps for him. 2) Something came up on the scans on his vision test so he needs to go see the eye doctor. 

For the last few weeks I've been trying to get him pumped up about wearing glasses, but so far no luck. I did notice him squinting the other day though, and thought to myself, "how have I not seen this before?" He blames it on being too bright, but let's be real, the dining room is not too bright. 

After a month long wait, we finally made it to the day of his appointment. I sent Hunter off to school and then shortly there after, JP, Charlotte, and I loaded up in the car. I could tell he was super nervous about the whole thing. Poor guy. I hate going to the eye doctor more than the dentist so I can relate! Aside from not talking the entire time, he did pretty good. He whispered a few letters to me and did great when he had to have his eyes dilated. Charlotte did okay while we were there...she found the button to higher and lower the chair though...

As soon as we left the eye doctor, we headed to what JP calls "childcare", which it is, but really it's Bible Study. Last week (which I missed because of a sick babe), this week, and next week, we're sharing our stories about how we've come to know the Lord. I didn't share mine today, but will be next week, and I'm really nervous about it. Mostly because I don't know that I really have a story. And every time I talk about the Lord, I end up crying. I was confessing this to Perry earlier tonight, and I ended up with tears rolling down my face. Next week I'm bringing a handkerchief or something. 

Our plan for that evening was to go pick out JP's glasses after dinner once Perry arrived home, but at the last minute, some one came in with $9000 job that was due the next morning so he had to stay to get it going. The trip to the store was going to have to be cancelled anyways due to Hunter. He was his normal self when he hopped off the bus. He showed me his new library book and then grabbed a snack before he remembered his Kiwi Crate. He and I worked on his two projects - making a basketball hoop and making a soccer field. Anything with paint and glue and this kid is all in. He was focused (for the most part) and patient and was a good follower-of-directions. When we were all done, I called my mom to tell her about JP's glasses, and then something came over Hunter. 

Since about 4:30 he's been on the couch, sick as a dog. It is so out of the ordinary for him to just lay around so I knew something was up. He skipped out on dinner (calzones, a favorite of his) and got into his jammies by 5:30. Bless his heart, he even made it to the toilet, or close to it, every time he needed to throw up. It breaks my heart seeing him like this! He's been throwing up about every half an hour now for the past 6 hours. (Even as I type this, I hear him grasping for the garbage can.) I'm sleeping on the couch with him tonight. Extra snuggles for mom! I'll take them whenever I can get them!
I put JP and Charlotte to bed before I laid on the couch and watched a movie with Hunter. An hour later, I thought I heard Charlotte so I got up to check on her. While I was up, I thought I'd go double check on JP to make sure he was asleep. No where to be found. Not in his bed. Not in Hunter's bed or my bed. Not on the other couch or on the floor next to my bed. At that point I figured he must have sneaked into Charlotte's room to sleep and I just didn't see him. I stopped looking and turned on the movie with Hunter. A few minutes later, JP came creeping down the hall and refused to answer me when I asked where he was. I told him to go back to bed, and I didn't care where - even if it was in my bed. Clearly I should have rephrased that. I watched him walk down the hall to my room so imagine my surprise when I went to get my pajamas on and I can't find him anywhere! 
Turns out he thought under our bed was a good spot to sleep... I gave him a pillow and a blanket after I found him. I just know he's going to wake up and smack his head... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!