Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Cinderella Cake

On Wednesday, I delivered a Marvel Superhero Cake and then a few days later, I had a Cinderella cake to deliver. I can't even start to tell you much I love girl cakes compared to boy cakes! But good grief did this cake give me a run for my money!
The same lady that had me do her son's monster truck cake, asked me to make her daughter's cake. Repeat business! Woohoo! She had sent me a few pictures of what she and her daughter wanted the cake to look like and I did my best to combine them all into one cake. I didn't start making a plan for it until after the superhero one was done, delivered, and cleaned-up after. 

It literally took me all day to just bake the cake. I don't know what it is about my 6 inch cake pan but I was ready to throw it across my kitchen a few times. I was thankful I had extra batter. Baking it wasn't my only struggle though. the first time I attempted to frost it, the frosting started dripping off the cake. I was glad Perry took the kids to the cabin for the night. There is no way I could have managed to get it done with them running around. I put everything in the fridge and sat on the couch and cried for while before going at it again. 

The top tier of the cake was a disaster for me too. I haven't covered a cake with one piece of fondant for a while and apparently I was pretty rusty. I had lumps and bumps to cover up and then it started cracking. I was on damage control for quite a while fixing one mistake after another. I was SO glad when I was finally done. I even debated throwing it at my wall and starting over at 9pm the night before. That would have been a mess...

Saturday morning turned out to be a little busier than I had anticipated. I went golfing with my dad and sister Robin. Somewhat relaxing after I started getting decent hits. After that I went downtown to pick up my sewing machine. The thread cutter wasn't cutting anymore and the top thread kept shredding, so I had them take a look at it. Turns out there was really anything wrong with it, so the owner wanted to show me a "few" things. An hour later I was about to start panicking because I had to deliver a cake and was still at the sewing shop...

By the time I got back home, I had about 45 minutes to make the ribbons for the bow, pack up the cake and get it to where it needed to be. Turns out my cake box that I thought I had was gone. No where to be found. Thank goodness I only live a couple minutes from Michaels! But I had to wait in line for a while to check-out...by the time I got it all box up and to the soccer arena, I was feeling a little overwhelmed. Then I couldn't get it out of the car... Pearls were falling off left and right and I was getting frazzled and frustrated. 

Here is it finished. I was so glad to just be able to walk away from it. 
A little crooked, but whatever. Do you know how long it took to "tweezer-place" all those pearls? FOREVER!

An hour later my blood pressure dropped significantly and I fainted. Well, not quite, but I was on the edge of it for quite a while. Gah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!