Thursday, August 13, 2015

Kindergarten Transition Night

On Tuesday JP and Mom went to Kindergarten Transition Night at the school. JP was SO excited to go! This is their first year with a night like this. Hunter didn't have one last year, but would have been really helpful! 
 Before we left, JP was sure to grab his new Batman jacket to bring along. I wanted him to leave it home because it was around 85* out, but he wanted to "scare" his friend... When we pulled into the parking lot, he stumbled/fell out of the car so he clammed up and refused to let go of my leg. Not my lower leg, but my upper leg, my waaayy upper leg. I can't tell you how many times I had to pry his hand off the inside of my leg. Super annoying. Stage 4 clinger right there. His friend invited him to play with him a few times, and he would hardly acknowledge him. Just before we went inside for supper, he loosened up...
 The school ordered in pizza to eat and used the opportunity to show the kids how to go through the lunch line. While we were waiting in line, his teacher (who is not the same one Hunter had...) asked him what kind of pizza was his favorite, and HE RESPONDED! I'm pretty sure my mouth dropped when he clear as day said, "pepperoni." My insides were jumping and screaming. That NEVER happens! He still refused to hold his tray and pick out his drink...and then we had a hard time starting to eat because there wasn't Ranch to dunk it in. We eventually bucked up... After dinner we walked over to his classroom, in the annex building. Much bigger than Hunter's room last year. For the next half an hour, we did various activities at each of the tables. He really liked playing with the blocks...though it doesn't seem that way in the picture.
 He also had the opportunity to make a bracelet. His was all green. Who would have guessed?
 I love when he draws pictures! I think it's adorable that he draws circles around his eyes because he he wears glasses. Ahhh! He drew a picture of him playing basketball. "Hunter is throwing the ball to me." Again, he teacher came up to him and asked him about his picture, and he spoke to her! So proud! 
We finished the evening with a story and then were released to go home, but I let him play for a little bit on the playground before we left since he was too shy to when we arrived. I'm surprised with how many people I knew this year! There were a couple families from our lane, and a couple from the preschool he went to last year. Hopefully he'll get at least ONE kid he knows in his class...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!