Thursday, August 20, 2015

Monkey Shiner Babblings

M-Is it okay that I didn't sign you up for soccer this fall? No hurt feelings?
H- No, I never want to play soccer. Too much running. And I never want to play football either. It's so dangerous.
M- What makes it dangerous?
H-Every time you get tackled, your brain wobbles around in your head, and I really don't want a wobbly brain.

Mom opened the bathroom door so Charlotte could go potty and found Jim just getting off the pot.
M- OH! Jim! Flush the toilet! Nobody needs to see or smell that!
J- It's okay mom. It's most just green poop.
M- I see that. Do you know why your poop is green?
J- Yeah, my poop knows I like green, so it comes out green.

H- knock knock
M- who's there?
H- banana
M- banana who?
H- knock knock
M- Hunter is that you?
H- no it's a banana. Knock knock
M- who's there?
H- banana
M- banana who?
H- orange you glad I didn't say banana again?

Jimmy just came in from helping dad in the garage...
J- Mom, dad can't get the oil filter out of your car.
M- Well that's no good!
J-*getting upset* Yeah, now we can't go to the round house!
M- uh oh. What do you think we should do about that?
J- *pauses to think* I guess dad will just have to start drinking milk again.
M- how will that help?
J- he'll get strong bones to pull it out!
M- touché...

C - Deer Mommy! Deer!
M - Where? Oh, no, Charli, those are cows.
C -  Yeah, cows-NO DEERS! Deers!

J - Look mom, the sun is following us!
M - No, it's just setting. That just means it's way past bedtime.
J - So you mean to tell me that that big ball of hot gases is setting?
M - Yeah, I suppose that's what I mean...
H - Jim, you know the world is just turning in circles around it.
J - No it's not!
H - No Jim, stop talking. The world spinning around doesn't involve you right now. 

M - Eat your dinner guys. I want to go to the Farmers Market afterwards, and the Carousal is right next to it.
*A couple minutes later JP still hasn't started eating.*
C - Keep eating Jim. Kill-a-self.
J - NOOO!
C - Eat Jim. Kill-a-self.
J - UH UHHH!!
Turns out kill-a-self is how she pronounces "carousal." I'd be pretty mad too if my sister was saying kill yourself to me too! Poor Jim!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!