Sunday, April 24, 2016

The Spring Soccer Season Has Started!!

I really really really wanted Hunter to play baseball again this spring, but his heart just wasn't in it. He's on a kick about wanting to try out every sport to see which one he likes the most. He wants to try football, but Perry and I don't think he's ready for that sport. Not that they tackle yet, but he probably would... I knew I was going to sign JP up for soccer, so I signed Hunter up as well. The last few weeks have been a bit chaotic getting the kids to practice, but they're enjoying it so far. 
 Both boys had games last Sunday. Today's games were cancelled due to poor playing conditions since it rained all day yesterday and has been off and on today. (I'm relieved!) Perry and I were both super impressed with Hunter at his game last week! He was "on task" nearly every time he was in. Goalie was a hard position for him - that net was too tempting not to play with! 
 Hunter made me laugh each time there was a throw in. He always held his hands up, as if he were playing basketball.
 Such a little stud with his new hair cut!
I think his favorite position is being a forward. There's not many kids on the team, but I was a little surprised that he only played in two of the four quarters. Ahh well though!

 JP's first game started while Hunter's game was in the 3rd quarter, and it took place on the opposite end of the Fort. I stayed to watch Hunter finish up while Perry took JP over to his game. I'll be real you. I bought JP green socks, not just because he loves green, but so I could tell which one was JP at a quick glance. There are about 8 teams in Hunter's division, and about 20 in JP's since his is co-ed. Somehow they both managed to be on the black teams. So the socks' main purpose is for me to be able to distinguish between the two. Black legs vs green legs.
 I wish I could have watched more of his game, but of what I did see, JP looked to be having fun. For the most part, he hung to the back and let everyone else kick at the ball. He was happy to find out one of his classmates is also on his team. It makes it more enjoyable for me too when I know the kids who are playing. 

 At the end of both games, the parents make a tunnel for all the kids to run through. This was a huge hit with all the kids. I didn't tunnel-up for Hunter's game since Perry wasn't there, but we matched up for JP's and since Hunter wanted in on the action, Perry put him up on his shoulders. Of course Charlotte had to come up on mine then. 
It was a such a beautiful day for their first games and I'm anxious to watch them play again. I'm anxious for picture day too, mostly because I can't wait to see how they smile. I ordered magnets this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!