Saturday, April 23, 2016

Basement Remodel: Update #3

Has it really been a month since I last posted about our basement? Gah. The days have been long and the nights way way way too short! 

Let's see here...After the Easter weekend was over, Perry pulled up the carpet and re-laid it. He's also kept busy working on the trim. To say it looks amazing isn't giving him enough credit. 
Just look at how nice that door looks! As Perry says, "It looks so sexy" Seriously though, he's a keeper.
In his free time, when he's home and not exhausted, Perry has been working on getting the hallway taped, filled with mud, and textured. I believe this weekend he's going to work on the columns. He hasn't told me what exactly he's going to do with them, but he informed our neighbors that they will be jealous. So there's that. 

In other news, Perry and I agreed to get rid of our extra queen mattress. Grandma said she'd give us her hide-a-bed couch in replacement so we'd still have an extra place for company to sleep if needed. Hunter spent the weekend with her the other weekend, and Perry brought the couch back with him. 

We tried to get it downstairs into the spare room and just couldn't. We hauled stuff around for a good hour. We first switched out mattresses with the one JP had in his room. (I haven't been sleeping well at night, so I was hoping a change in mattress would do the trick. It didn't.) After the mattress shuffle, we began the process of hauling the couch inside. The hide-a-bed portion was detached from the frame thank goodness! Because we have a split entry home, we had to bring the couch in and up the stairs, shut the front door, then take the couch around the corner to go to the basement. Such a production. As soon as we brought it down the stairs, we discovered the bathroom door was going to need to come off. Off it went and into the basement a bit further the couch came. That was about as far as we got. 

Over and over I explained to Perry that even if we could get the couch through the basement doorway, there was no way we'd be able to get it into the room. The angle just wasn't going to work. He was adamant it'd work. He was even going to go as far taking the couch apart to get it in there... I won the debate. However, now that the couch can't go downstairs and Grandma doesn't want the couch back, we're moving our room downstairs. 

Yup. Perry convinced me. I'm not thrilled about it. I don't like the idea of Charli being upstairs alone because she's so young still and wakes up needing me every so often. I just don't want her navigating the stairs the dark. That brings me to my next project, after I repaint the new room. I wasn't in love with the purple-grey but was going to deal with it for an extra room. Now that it'll be my room, it's got to go. Once that's painted, as well as the hallway, we'll be playing the switcher-roo game with the kids. Hunter will go upstairs to our room, Charlotte will go to Hunter's room, and my new sewing room will be Charlotte's room. SO much re-painting to do... I'm already over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!