Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Flag Football + A Bike Town

Our Sundays have now been taken over by flag football. (We're going to have to start going to the Wednesday night church service or something!) I'm so thankful this weekend we did *nothing* but spend time together as a family. And watch Moana for the bajillionth time. *proceeds to sing SO SHINE-NAY!!*  Sorry for getting that little tune stuck in your head now! 
It warms my heart every time I see my kids snuggling with their dad. It gets me right in the feels every time. I am the resident snuggler of the house. Snuggling is the best. JP has developed a love for snuggling as well and often asks if we can just lay down and snuggle together. Doesn't matter that his siblings are running around screaming about who has what and who had it first. Just give JP some snuggles and he's good.

Ms. Gail has been faithfully toting around Baby Bootie and/or Mama Booties. We had a little fiasco earlier this year with them though... Her loving brothers thought it would be fun to hide her kitties. Not just one or two of them, but all of them. Over the course of a couple weeks, I had found all of them except her two favorites. Every time she went to play with her kitties, she'd ask where Mama Booties and Baby Booties could be found. I had no idea. I searched the house completely and couldn't find them and the boys conveniently couldn't remember. I lost sleep over these darn cats! In an attempt to put my mind at ease, I ordered her new ones. Mama Booties came knocking at the door a few weeks ago, and it was so so so cute to see her answer the door and have Mama sitting there waiting. A few short days later, Baby Booties came crying at the living room door for her. I told her they must have went to the spa while they were on vacation. She believed me. In a sudden turn of events this evening, Perry found the original Baby Booties the other. Yay!! I promptly switched them out, and when she picked up Baby Booties the next time, she had a puzzled look about her, and then questioned me, "I don't think this is the real one..."
After football on Sunday, we were all starving, so we opted to splurge and try out a diner near home called Fatty Patty's. It was okay. Pig decor everywhere. Though it was a full house, food seemed to take longer than expected. Luckily I told the kids they were having coloring contest. I don't know if they really were, but my kids remained *very* focused on the task of coloring the perfect picture. JP is an excellent color-er.
Later that afternoon, HD came rushing into the house demanding I make them flags for their jersey's so they could practice with dad. I had some stick on Velcro - I knew it wouldn't sew on very well, but I tried anyways. It gummed up the needle as predicted, so I made them temporary flags out of baseball fabric with the stick-on Velcro and off they went. I was roped into playing defense.
They were the cutest little bunch making plans to try to fool me. They need to work on whispering and being discreet because it was easy to tell just what they were going to be tricking me with.
I convinced Ms. Gail to practice riding her big girl bike while the guys were playing football. My sister sent me a picture of the chalk road they built at their house, so we did the same thing here. I've never seen her so excited about biking!
Everytime she rode past Perry or me, she would call out "Hi Friend!" or request a high five. Eventually HD put on roller skates to skate through the new town. Perry decided if he was going to skate on the driveway, he better sweep up the rocks, so we had a temporary construction zone. Ms. Gail thought that was great - there was construction in her town!
Our little town was made complete with a service station for Ms. Gail's bike. After the "gas station worker" filled up her bike, she biked out to me, scrunched up her nose and said, "Wow, he was such a nice guy!" Hahaha! She had to call AAA a few times to get towed into the shop. HD made a jail in the middle of our town and I was required to stand on the jail and take people to jail. Both him and JP had my police car chase them down and drag them to jail for speeding and evading police. Huge bummer that it *always* rains here - their outside roads were quickly washed away that night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!