Monday, November 4, 2013

Mozzarella Pepperoni Bread

I've been doing a lot of meal planning lately so I don't have to run to the store multiple times a week. For one, it saves you money because you don't have a bunch of extra impulse buys. For two, who really wants to drag 2, let alone 3 kids around a store for a few items. Not me, especially since Hunter and JP refuse to sit in a cart and I'm helpless to make them since Kiki is usually sitting in the front carrier and would be kicked by said child upon their refusal to sit in the cart... 
Anyways, I called a friend to have her suggest a favorite meal of theirs. She routed me to something called spaghetti bread, or something similar. I was game for it since I had all the ingredients on hand except the loaf of bread. When I arrived home from the store though, I found this recipe in my "Ultimate Five Ingredient Recipes" book that I opted to try out instead. 
Here I present to you Mozzarella Pepperoni Bread. Also known to JP as Caterpillar Bread, or more commonly, Pizza Bread.

Ingredients
1 loaf French Bread
3 tbs melted butter
1 package of pepperoni
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tbs parsley


Cut the loaf of bread in half widthwise, and then cut into 1-inch slices, leaving the slices attached to the bottom. Brush butter on both sides of each slice. Stuff pepperoni between the slices. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.

Place the bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. 


Made approximately 12 slices, which fed our family of 4 with some leftovers. JP gobbled 3 slices down and announced "I love it." Before he decided he was full. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that looks soooo delicious!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!