Thursday, November 21, 2013

Wreck It Ralph Birthday for Our 5 Year Old!

It is finally over! The party I have been stressing about for nearly two weeks is finally over and I can RELAX! And try to come to terms with the fact that I now have a 5 year old in my house. Eeek! Where has the time gone?!

For his birthday this year, I decided that Hunter was old enough for a *real* party, instead of one with just his family. Not to say that a party with just family is not a party, but he has friends this year so I thought it would be fun for him to have his friends help celebrate with him. Originally we were going to have a couple friends come over and stay the night, but later decided that he's probably too young for that, and since I don't know the kids' parents...they probably wouldn't let their child stay the night. As I was laying in bed, stressing about what to do, I remembered that I worked at a hotel with a WATER PARK. And then two minutes later I was on the phone to reserve it, at 11pm. That's how I roll. 

We invited his whole preschool class and I cannot tell you how excited Hunter was to put all the invitations in his friends' cubbys at school. Even cuter when his friends RSVP'd! Melt your heart kind of cuteness!

This year's theme was Wreck It Ralph, based on the Disney movie that came out last November. (Super cute movie if you haven't seen it!) Technically Hunter wanted a Fix It Felix cake, but more specifically it was a Wreck It Ralph cake. 
(See more pictures of the cake on my cake blog!)
In the movie, Felix has a golden hammer that he uses to fix the building Ralph wrecks. I incorporated the golden hammers by using a cookie cutter to cut hammers out of cheese. HUGE hit! And Perry called it, at least one little boy picked up a slice and pretended to bang on something. I was surprised it wasn't Hunter!
Going with the theme, I had Perry wrap all the juice boxes in brick paper and then I stacked them up next to the cake. In the movie Ralph lives in the dump which is basically just a pile of bricks. They turned out great too! I'm so glad I was able to convince Perry to help me!
Although I forgot to make one for the cake, Ralph wanting a medal contributes significantly to the plot of the movie. Instead of having a "normal" Happy Birthday banner, I used construction paper to create a banner for him that resembled the medal Ralph wanted in the movie. (Obviously I should have drawn the letters darker...)
A HUGE shout out to Aunt Kim for helping with EVERYTHING I needed her to help with, like arranging the table so nicely, loading up my car, corralling my kids, babysitting Kiki during the party...etc. She rocks! THANK YOU!
Hunter had so much fun at his party! I knew he would! And so did his friends! I was relieved to hear that this was also many kids' first birthday party to attend....Awesome : ) 
It makes me smile to see Hunter growing up. But sad at the same time. I was quickly reminded that he still has learning and growing to do when he commented that "I'm not 5 until I blow out my candles!" Just like one of his friends thought that it wasn't a party until Hunter opened his presents. Oh to be young!
Happy Birthday Little Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!