Friday, November 1, 2013

Off to Never Never Land This Halloween

I cannot tell you how excited I am that Halloween is OVER! Quite a while ago I decided we would theme our Halloween as the Disney Classic, Peter Pan. Mostly because I knew JP would LOVE to wear the green get-up of Peter Pan, after all his all time favorite color is green! Surprisingly though it took a lot of convincing for him to be okay with Peter Pan and not be Mr. Schmee. 
For those of you who have seen the new animated movie, Epic, quite a few people at school though he was a leaf man. Ironically enough, he hates the movie so he kind of had his feelings hurt when no one knew he was Peter Pan. Needless to say he didn't want me to leave him at school.
Hunter has been all about being Captain Hook ever since we decided on the Never Land theme. I threw JP's costume together in a matter of hours. Hunter's however took a while. I wasn't the least bit motivated to work on it. When I finally did, I began by making him some leggings that turned out too short and since I cut them out on the fabric wrong, they stretched up and down instead of across so he couldn't even get them on regardless. He wore his pajama pants instead. And his white shirt was actually JP's shirt, and is now a shade of pink since the red jacket rubbed off all over it...

I broke down and bought a pattern for his jacket and was clearly in over my head. Luckily my mom was just a phone call away. But after debating on whether or not I should follow the pattern's directions, she ended up having to come over to walk me through it. I added the belt and belt loops on my own, as well as the gold trim. The hat was surprisingly easy. And I made the hook from the top of a 2-liter bottle, clothes hanger, lots of electrical tape, some gold fabric and a hot glue gun. I was SO glad to finish it the night before his party, which was on Wednesday the 30th.
 That left me with hardly anytime to make Kiki's Tinkerbelle costume. I had made her tutu in September, as well as her headband, but other than that she would have been a naked baby if I didn't finish her costume. Truthfully I never actually finished it. I have everything to make her some wings but ran out of time. I made her a onesie Halloween morning, while JP was at his preschool party, and threw together some green leggings as well. She also has a skirt on similar to the bottom of JP's Peter Pan shirt, because with 30 minutes until we had to leave to pick him up, the costume wasn't quite done. So I cut the bottom off of the first shirt I made him and made it a little smaller.Ta-da! Make shift Tinkerbelle skirt for going out. After all, she couldn't exactly ride in the carseat with her tutu on...She wouldn't be able to see anything!
Here's the crew before we went trick or treating. Hunter and JP were so excited to leave they could hardly sit still! Right after picking JP up from preschool, we went to the hotel to visit Fay and a few other former co-workers. Then we stopped in to trick or treat at Grandma's office. There was a lot of Captain Hook chasing Peter Pan going on there. Before heading home, we went downtown to see Dad at work. While there, he bought the boys a bag of candy. Lucky them. Since Hunter is *still* having some listening issues, he about got shmucked when he ran down the sidewalk across an alley as a vehicle was about to pull out, all while I'm yelling at him to stop and wait for me... I was livid. I think I was able to *calmly* get my point across as to how ticked off I was... He's lucky we still took him trick-or-treating...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love them like crazy!! so adorable

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!