Friday, April 11, 2014

Bathroom Update #5: Decorating

I'm not done decorating our newly remodeled bathroom yet, but I figured I could probably do an update while I figure out what else I'm going to do. 
I've been at war with myself as to what exactly I want to do with the counter. There isn't much room to decorate, so there isn't much I can do. I bought this candle holder the other day at Michael's and am currently using it as our toothbrush holder.
 
I found the silver tray and sugar bowl on Etsy and debated, a lot, about whether or not I wanted them or not. I finally ended up just buying them. After using a little metal polish, I love how the sugar bowl turned out! I plan on storing little things in it, such as watches and rings, or maybe cotton balls?
I was also torn as to what color I wanted to bring into the bathroom. Because the primary color is grey, it needed a little pop of something. Our towels and garbage are purple, but I wasn't convinced. 
 I found these bathroom prints on Etsy as well and I fell in love. Even though I loved them, I spent another  two weeks looking for other pictures, but I kept coming back to these ones. 
 I won't tell you how long, and how frustrating it was for me to hang these all by myself, with out help from the perfectionist picture hanger Perry. He was impressed with my skills.
 I love the prints even more once I put this flower arrangement together. I was able to find some hydrangeas in the right color to match them to the ones in the picture. There was also some purpley-blue flowers there that make my purple towels and garbage can not so out of place. Hooray!

I'm thinking one of these weekends, I'm going to have Perry help me build a small shelf for over the toilet, and maybe a couple triangular corner shelves for the counter area. Time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!