Saturday, April 26, 2014

Easter Egg Hunt in East Missoula

We took Hunter and JP to an egg hunt last year and they had so much fun! Perry and I enjoyed watching/helping them. Since we didn't have any plans to go out of town for the holiday weekend, we took the boys to the egg hunt in East Missoula. I'll embarrassingly admit that we took them to the fairgrounds first though. I read, and heard from various people, that they usually have good one. When we showed up, the place was dead. Because it happened TWO years ago...
 Luckily we found that out before this egg hunt started. As far as I know, Missoula had one at the University and this one in East Missoula. How many people does Hunter know? Maybe 15? 20? What are the chances that he finds someone HE knows before mom or dad do? Odds are pretty low, but it happened. For how friendly Hunter is, he sure was shy when I told him to go over and say "Hello." He instead just stood alarmingly close to his preschool friend until he turned around. 
 Again, due to the age groups they had designated, Hunter and JP were supposed to be in different groups, but we wanted to watch both, so since Hunter's friend was in the 3-4 year old group, we figured Hunter could too. 
 Charlotte kept it together nicely even though she didn't nap when I thought she was, and was hungry. Go mom for leaving her bottle AT HOME. 
 Here's JP before the race. He didn't want a picture with his green bucket but I snapped one anyways. Hunter just didn't want a picture at all. (I probably embarrass him now...)
 Hunter surprised me again once the race started. I told both of the boys when it's time to go, to run out there and start scooping up eggs. Hunter *literally* walked around at a snails pace, like he had all the time in the world. 
 JP on the other hand took off running and gather up eggs very quickly, and was not picky about the color this year. 
 This picture makes me laugh for so many reasons! JP was so proud of his loot. On his way back across the field, he walked SO slow because he had eggs falling out of his bucket.
 Hunter didn't have that problem, or even close to it. All the eggs in front of him were all the eggs he collected.
 JP on the other hand...
Hunter received mostly coupons from all of his 10 eggs, and JP picked up mostly eggs with candy in them. Completely the opposite last year. Needless to say, Hunter was very disappointed and JP was bouncing with excitement. But not a second after I took this picture, we combined buckets so it was fair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!