Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dying Easter Eggs

Where do I begin? I haven't logged on here for TEN days and I'm feeling REALLY behind! Pardon my delay in relaying to you the adventures in our world....

As you probably saw, Charlotte was *exhausted* to say the least after a night of dying eggs. 
 After covering the counter in old towels, and setting up all the dye bowls, we were ready to start and the boys could hardly control their excitement. 
I've never done it this way before, but thought we should give it a try. Spray shaving cream in a shallow pan and drop food dye in random spots, then swirl with a tooth pick and roll the eggs in it. They are supposed to come out tie-dyed after sitting for 10-15 minutes. 
Ours didn't turn out quite as bold as I was hoping for, but I think if we would have used more dye it would have worked better. Regardless, this was even fun for dad!
 Not one of my best moments, but I thought little Kiki would like to have some fun too. 
 She did. 
And then I remember a few seconds too late what babies do....put stuff in their mouth......
 For the rest of the night, she hung out in the sink while we finished dying and decorating eggs. She LOVED it.
It didn't take her long to figure out how to drink the water either. Startled her every time. Goofy girl!
 Meanwhile, the boys stayed busy plopping eggs into cups. Surprisingly JP opted for colors OTHER THAN GREEN! 
 One of the few "mommy and her boys" pictures. :)
 Here's how a few of our eggs turned out. I love them all!
 Perry had the *brilliant* idea of putting a band-aide on this green guy. The darn thing was dropped at least 3 times and was on the verge of falling completely apart. Because JP is a green fanatic, you cannot throw a green egg out...
 I'm pretty sure this egg took a solid 5 minutes to decorate. He was SO proud of his multi-eyed monster!
 These are the shaving cream eggs after Perry rinsed them off. I'm loving Charli's red/pink eggs.
Hunter put stickers on a couple eggs and then decided to forgo the stickers and free hand paint faces on his eggs. The yellow/white looking egg in the top row was the only one that scored two eyes. And it looked creepy as ****.
Clean up was fun.... just kidding, I was busy watching Charlotte sleep sitting up. 

1 comment:

lkph said...

Your eggs look great. What a fun idea. Jody tried that this year with the boys...and the eggs were wonderful. I think this looks like way more fun than the regular dyeing.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!