Thursday, September 11, 2014

JP's First Day of Pre-K

My baby JP is slowly but surely growing up. He was so excited for his first day of Pre-Kindergarten last week! The night before, he picked out what he wanted to wear and while I was tucking him into bed he announced to me that, "When I wake up in the morning, I'm going to take a shower and you're not going to fight with me about it. You got that?!" I got it, and that's exactly what he did!
If you didn't know beforehand, it should be very clear now that his favorite color is green. You know, since he's dressed in green from head to toe. He also insisted on bringing the Ninja Turtle bag I made him and he's wearing Ninja Turtle socks. That's my boy!
Since he went to preschool at the same place last year, he already knows 6 of his classmates. His best friend, Matthew, is one of them. They are a funny pair! They love to play together, but they don't speak (if they do, it's not a lot!) to each other. At his school orientation, JP asked over and over if Matthew was going to be there, and Matthew asked the same about JP. We stood next to their family in the lobby area and the boys hid behind their mothers the whole time, and occasionally peaked out to smile from behind. 

JP acted very similar on his first day of school, which I expected. He clung for dear life to my leg. He didn't want to go color or play legos or trains...Nothing could get him to let go...until we spotted Matthew. "Do you want to go play with Matthew?" And away he went. "I'm going to go, are you going to give me a hug good-bye?" Whispering to me "I'm a little busy Mom!" That was that. I picked him up two and a half hours later and he was all smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!