Thursday, September 11, 2014

Whitefish and a Day Trip to Glacier

This past weekend we took a little trip to Whitefish and spent time with my husband's side of the family. Since it's *already* been a year since my father-in-law passed away, we all agreed that the furniture and decor items needed to be claimed before the house sells. 
We pulled into Whitefish Friday morning, timing it accidentally perfectly to find Grandma walking through a store parking lot. We picked her up and headed downtown to kill some time. The kids were all excited to go to Imagine Station, a toy store where they each picked out a toy. Charli found herself a doll, Hunter snatched up a pirate's telescope and JP found this rocket launcher. It took him a while to figure it out, but when he did there was no putting it away! (And now that we're home, he's had just about all of our neighbors try it out too, including adults!)
 Once everyone arrived to the house from running errands, we started room by room, claiming things that we would like to have. Perry and I didn't claim much (though I'd still put up a fight for a few things) but am mostly okay with what we'll be bringing home. I'm drawn to vintage/antique looking things, so I claimed John's barometer and vintage snowshoes that hang above the fireplace. I'm also REALLY excited to be inheriting Betty's grandmother's sewing machine table. She said it still works too! But when we were nearing the end, my nephew woke up from his nap and gave me SO MANY snuggles! I seriously can't remember the last time Charlotte snuggled with me!
 These two were adorable together the entire weekend!
Ahhhh!
 Charli was a delight too! I had so much fun with my camera the last few days!
 And JP just melts my heart!

Friday evening, my sister-in-law and her husband (the one who saved my sanity over Christmas by letting me borrow his camera lenses when mine stopped working) planned to have a gender reveal party at his parent house in Whitefish. They are due in January with their first baby. It was a wonderful evening!
 After the barbecue, Em and Colin had the kids open a present that had a onesie inside of what "kind" of baby they were having. Hunter and JP opened it so quickly that they missed it. In the mini video above, you can see a pink thing show up in the white tissue paper on the left.  
 They're having a girl! I am really excited for them, and for Charli - she needs a cousin to bond with! Two older brothers, two younger boy cousins (plus one more coming in November!). She'll be thankful in the years to come!

On Saturday everyone packed up and drove to Glacier in a caravan. We stopped at Lake McDonald Lodge and had a picnic before traveling a little bit further up the road to the north end of the lake. I'm not sure if this little beach has an actual name, but in the Dustin family, I believe it is called Skipping Rock Beach. Or something similar because all the rocks there are flat and perfect skipping rocks.  
 To say the kids enjoyed the lake would be an understatement! Stevie, Charli, and Hunter hung out in the buff, while JP and Uncle Colin hung out in their undies for a bit.
 They are just too cute! I love baby bums!
 Hunter was probably the first to get naked because he basically went swimming with his clothes on.
 I sat on the beach with Barbara and had a nice chat with her with our feet in the water. I found myself staring at this red rock for a lot of it. The water was so clear and peaceful!
 Perry spent the majority of the time skipping rocks. I've never been able to skip rocks, but apparently Grandpa John was an excellent rock skipper. 
Everyone that was able to skip rocks threw a few out into the lake in remembrance of him. 
Hunter took a little swim with Uncle Colin right before he found Hunter a toad. And then Hunter and Mr. Toad were inseparable. Hunter sat down the beach, maybe 20 yards from everyone else, and played and play with the little guy. I sat with him for a little bit and left when he said, "Hey Mom! Look! He's going to crawl onto my pee pee!" Oh Hunter! I would post a few more pictures, but Hunter is "hanging out" in all of them...
 I'm probably going to frame these...
I love her expression! I had to crop Hunter's naked self out... And yes, she does have a rock in her mouth. Earlier in the day, I was walking over to her to snap a picture when she started to stand up. I put my camera down when I noticed there was a rock in her bum. I found out only seconds later that she was pooping in the lake...
 Before leaving the park, we took what was going to be a short hike. Turns out it was pretty long, but it had a lot of pretty views!

 We even managed to get a family photo in front of the falls. 

 This one is at the lake. I love how serene it is. 
Here's Aunt Em with JP and her little baby bump. Can January get here any faster?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!