Friday, February 1, 2013

Baby Cake with Rattle

Last weekend I was approached by a co-worker (well a couple actually!) to make a cake...for this weekend. Normally I would need more than a week heads up to make sure that I'll have plenty of time to bake it, clean the house, chase boys around, etc, and decorate it. But knowing the boys would be visiting Grandma and Grandpa I reluctantly agreed. Did I mention JP turns 3 in about a week?! One more cake to do...

So in chatting with her about the cake she wanted me to make, I thought she might have been confused when she said a little girl was turning 3 months old next weekend (this weekend). I thought she was meaning 3 years old...but nope, she's was turning a whopping 3 months. I found the cake request to be a little odd, especially since babies don't eat cake until their 1st birthday, and this one wasn't even on solids yet! Just formula, as it should be. 
But since I agreed to make the cake, who am I to judge what the occasion is? So with little direction other than "it doesn't have to be very big", here is what I came up with. Didn't quite turn out as planned, but I don't think the baby will mind... : )

Speaking of babies have I mentioned mine is over 11 inches long and weighs over a pound! Getting a little more excited every day! #114 days left....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!