Saturday, April 20, 2013

34 Weeks


I am nearly overdue for another update. Each week seems to fly by lately! 
 This might be the last belly picture with Kile that I'll get. Bummer. But this was over Easter. She's about 29 weeks and I'm 31 weeks. 

How far along? 34 weeks
Baby is the size of? A Cantalope - At my *last* ultrasound on April 8th, baby weighed in at 4.7 lbs and was measuring in the 67th percentile! I've got a big baby on my hands!
Baby's Heart Rate? 147 bpm...same as my weight...
Maternity clothes? Suck. I can't seem to find any pants that will stay up! And my tummy is starting to hang out the bottom of my shirts, but I don't want to buy a bigger size if I'm only going to have it for a couple more weeks...oh the dilemma..
Sleep? I've been actually getting a lot of rest. If I wake up at night, it's not because I have to go to the bathroom, it's usually just to roll over and then I'm out again. 
Movement? All the time. And since baby is learning to swallow, baby has been getting hiccups. More lately I've been finding them to be completely annoying, but at least they aren't as bad as Hunter's were! He had them all the time and for what felt like forever! That's a long time for that "twitch" feeling!
Symptoms? My boss was so nice to get me in for a back massage the other week and it did wonders, but I think I'm going to have to go back for another one. It still feels much better than it did! Other symptoms I've been dealing with are depression, and the dreaded heart burn. This baby better come out with hair! I ate a chocolate chip cookie and got heart burn for the rest of the night....not cool.
Food cravings? Still surprisingly haven't had any cravings
Anything make you queasy or sick? My prenatal pills are making me nauseous again.
SCH News? The reason for my ultrasound on the 8th was to check up on the hemorrhage and to make sure baby was growing normally despite it. I received nothing but good news - the hemorrhage resolved itself. It either bled itself out in January or my body absorbed it. Either way its gone! 
Moment of the week? I was able to spend some quality time with my sewing machine :)
Looking forward to? Planting my garden soon!

At my ultrasound, I brought JP along. He's been so excited about this baby. "When is your tummy going to crack open so the baby can come out?" "And you'll have to go to the doctor so she can fix all the cracks on your tummy from the baby" Those are stretch marks bud...from Hunter. :) But I thought he might enjoy seeing the baby on the screen. He did. For about 10 seconds. Normally he's pretty shy around other people. Not this time. If there was a button to push, he probably pushed it. Thank goodness he was distracted by my Kindle for most of it. The other part was spent messing with the bed I was laying on. What started out flat ended up at about a 60 degree angle by the end of the ultrasound, and I was just trying not to slip off the bed. Lesson learned. But the tech didn't seem to mind. And she said the baby was measuring to be due on May 22, which is 8 days sooner that my due date. And if baby come early like JP did... I could be holding my baby in... 3 or 4 weeks! I need to get my bags packed...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I cant wait for my birthday present to arrive!!!! :D

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!