Thursday, April 18, 2013

So I Been Sewing...

The last few weeks This month has been a real struggle for me mentally. Normally I can get a handle on my depression, but it has recently just flat out kicked my butt. I'm usually pretty good at putting on a good face for people, but even my doctor could see through it this time. I'm a little surprised no one else could... But between struggles with the boys and working but not wanting to and anxiety about becoming at stay-at-home mom, I've just been in poor spirits.

Needless to say, I've been getting a bad case of nesting going on too so I've been focusing on getting ready for baby to arrive. (We're only 6 weeks away from my due date!) The nursery, which I'm so anxious to show everyone, will have to wait until after baby arrives. But I will say it's almost done. It has a subtle owl theme to it. I've completed painting the walls and ceiling, but I'll be painting a tree in one of the corners with a couple owls sitting on the branches. That project is scheduled to start....tomorrow? 

To fill the rest of my time, I've been sewing non-stop. It seems to have helped me to think of things other than what is getting me down. For now its a nice little outlet to have. 

My first project was to "update" the mobile that was given to us when I had Hunter, and also used with JP.
There is nothing wrong with it, but by baby #3, I am tired of watching these stars go round and round. But mostly they didn't go with my nursery theme :)
 I sewed (and glued) these little cuties together in an afternoon. Not too bad for just wingin' it?!
My next project was these burp clothes. Semi-neutral, but regardless if baby is a boy or a girl, it's not going to remember them anyways, but might find the colors interesting? My mom had made me some for when I had Hunter, but I could have used a few extra. I never had one when I needed it! Typical. So those will be in circulation too.
 Capes for my little superheros. I felt bad that everything I had been doing lately was for the baby. Whether it was washing the car seat liner, or swing liner, or painting, or sewing stuff, it was all for the baby. I had planned on making these a while ago, but never had the chance to just sit down and do it. 
 Last week we finally made a trip to JoAnn's to pick out fabric for their capes. JP *loves* the Hulk, but unfortunately he's not too popular outside of the Avengers. But he loves his Hulk cape (which is actually an Avengers cape). I made his first and after I finished sewing and ironing it, I held it up to see how I did, only to realize all of the Avengers are upside down...oops. I made a point not to make the same mistake with Hunter's Superman cape.  
 To match my burp cloths, I made this cute car seat cover. With the boys we just used a blanket to cover the car seat in the winter months, but I was always nervous about the blanket falling off and suffocating them. Problem solved with this one!
I should have made it opposite so the colors were on the inside so baby would have something to look at. I guess he/she will get to study the words "Faith Love Hope" in various colors. Overall it was a very simple project, but it seemed to take forever since the boys were trying to "help" with various stuff.

Other projects I've completed in the last couple weeks include two crib sheets and a window valence. I'm sure Perry is getting tired of listening to the sewing machine in the kitchen while he watches movies in the living room...good thing I'm almost done with all of my projects!

And here's a few photos of the boys since they've been off the blogging radar lately.
 My pajama boys 
 Here we go again practicing with Eeyore. 
 He's going to be a good big brother!
One of my superheros - The Hulk. I was surprised he knew exactly where his Hulk mask was! Hunter's cape wasn't done yet, but he insisted on being in the picture :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Here is to one of the greatest mommy's who will be the BEST stay at home mom around!! Those boys are so lucky to have a mom like you and this next baby as well!! <3

Genevieve said...

I'm jealous that you can sew all that cute stuff!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!