Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Missoula Phoenix Easter Egg Hunt

This year I thought taking the boys to a big Easter egg hunt would be a lot of fun for them. In past years, we've hidden eggs in the backyard, but with my family in town, I figured this might be more fun. Although I wanted to take them to the hunt on the oval at the university, I knew there was no way I'd be able to make it because I had to work. Luckily there was one before the Missoula Phoenix football game started that was later in the afternoon. I barely made it. I had about 5 minutes to spare. Thankfully Perry brought the boys earlier. From what I hear, they were pretty excited!
 I always enjoy looking at Perry walking with the boys!
While I was finishing up at work, the boys waited patiently for the festivities to begin.
 Those silly boys...

 Still waiting...
Yeah...I know...the sign says 0-3 and Hunter is pushing 4 1/2. But this was his first hunt, and honestly, he got destroyed in this group, so I can only imagine how he would have fared in the 4-5 age group. Plus, we wanted to watch them both.
 Once the buzzer sounded for the hunt to begin, the boys just stood there in awe. I ended up having to help JP out quite a bit since he was....a picky hunter.
 Aunt Bobby helped Hunter, and scored a bunch of Tootie Rolls herself. They didn't do too bad. 
 Hunter managed to get quite a few.
JP did alright. He's a funny kid. Insisted on *only* collecting the green eggs. He even went as far as putting the other ones back that I grabbed for him because they weren't green. It made collecting eggs quite challenging. We'd run to a big patch of eggs and as soon as he go to grab one, another kid would scoop them all up.
 Turns out all the green eggs had toys in them, at least all of JP's. He collected quite a few bracelets and a pair of stick on earrings and a couple stickers.
Hunter and Aunt Bobby opened his eggs together. I believe in this photo, Hunter won some free fudge. Guess who was pretty excited about that?! 

After the hunt, the field cleared and we took our seats in the stands to watch my cousin play on the Missoula Phoenix football team. There were 4 teams in total playing football so it made watching the game/games kind of hard. Two teams would play on one half of the field and the other two on the other end and they played for 40 minutes and then switched opponents. We only stayed for the first set of games because the boys were getting a little rambunctious in the stands, probably because they were hungry...! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!