Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Family Trip to the Pool

I can't believe I haven't shared what fun we all had swimming...a month ago! For those of you who know my boys, they have hated water, other than their bath, since creation. It was a hard pill to swallow since I worked at a hotel with a sweet water park for their entire lives. And to think I was blessed with little kids that wanted nothing to do with it. Go figure!

Last December a good friend of mine came to visit. Her son (who loves water) and Hunter had a little play date in the water park. With a little hesitation, Hunter eventually got in. Ultimately I think after seeing how much fun her son was having in the water, Hunter quickly changed his mind...and ended up butt naked in the pool. I took my eyes off him for a second, and then I see these yellow shorts floating in the kiddie pool and I knew instantly they were his... Of course it had to be my kid who was found skinny dipping in the pool... He was having so much fun though!

Anyways, since he had that *awesome* experience with the pool, he wanted to go back. Every Monday night we were too exhausted or he was too cranky, or there was something going on at the hotel that prevented us from going. Finally I made the executive decision that we were going to take both the boys, regardless of how tired we were or cranky they were. Good thing I did, because we had a little battle trying to eat dinner that night.

 When we arrived at the hotel, both boys were excited to go swimming, but after going down the frog slide once, JP had enough and sat on the edge of the pool watching Hunter.
 Hunter jumped in quickly and was all over the place. 
  JP played squirt guns with dad for a little while. He was pretty content doing only that.
 Of course they remembered the "hot pool" and had to try it out...even though they are too young for it. I even broke the rules and soaked for a while. Boy did that feel good on my back! I was...36 weeks in this photo, I think...
 After relaxing in the hot tub, we made our way back to the kiddie pool, and they boys had a "friend" join them. (Every kid their age is their friend.) He and Hunter did a lot of running around together. Perry even saved this kids' life when he and Hunter ran over to the big pool. He jumped in and luckily Perry was there to pull him out because his mom didn't see him escape from the kiddie pool. Before we left, they came over to thank Perry again and Hunter ran up to him and gave him a big hug. Very concerned like, Hunter asked if he was okay and then gave him a big kiss on the cheek. All without our prompting. I was very proud of his actions!
 Meanwhile... JP became super brave and started jumping in the kiddie pool, and then didn't want to get out! Turns out he really does like the water! WooHoo! Mission accomplished!
Aren't they so cute in their matching jammies? Aunt Erin and Uncle Cameron gave them these oneies and I love when they wear them! I'm excited for when all three kids have matching jammies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!