Sunday, May 12, 2013

Packing Our Bags - Part 2 My Bag

I finally got around to packing my bag for Labor & Delivery. I figured with two weeks left I better get my act together. After all, I delivered Jim 38 weeks. Baby is just around the corner!

 This is all I'm packing to the hospital. Okay, well maybe my Kindle Fire too... So without further adieu, here is a tour of my hospital bag.  
 We'll start with the boring basic stuff first: Toiletries
I'm packing the basics for my shower - shampoo, conditioner, body wash. With the amount of people coming and going during our stay with Hunter, I was lucky to get a shower. With JP, it was the first thing I wanted to do before we had a bunch of visitors. 
The rest is all the usual stuff I use on a day to day basis - Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, contact solution, contact case, glasses. I'm packing my hair gel so if I'm not up for fixing my hair, I can let it go curly. Easy-peasy.
 I've packed three shirts for after delivery. One is a tank top and the other two are short sleeved, but should be easy enough to breastfeed in. I've also packed chocolate for mommy and daddy for surviving another delivery. And pads. The hospital provides some, but I like to bring my own. Just in case I'm wearing my hair down when I go into labor, I've packed a hair tie and hair clips to hold my hair back, just in case!
 Again, the hospital provides towels, but I love this one. It has elastic around the top with velcro to hold it up.   I packed two pair of pants. Both have loose waist bands just in case I have a c-section. I'm all about being comfy. Of course I've packed my socks and undies, and a nursing bra as well. This one is a nursing sports bra. Again with the comfy!
 Other things I've packed include slippers for walking around after delivery. I didn't pack a robe with the boys, but I'm bringing one this time to be able to cover up easier when breastfeeding, as well as for strolling the halls. Hospitals always seem to be cold. I've packed my pajamas too! I always forget to bring my pjs whenever I go anywhere! One of my recent sewing projects was reusable nursing pads, so I'm bringing those along too instead of the store bought ones. Lastly, I'm bringing a wet bag. I'll be able to put our dirty clothes in there, whether they are mine or baby's. I hate shuffling through dirty clothes to find clean ones...
I'm packing my flat iron and my hair dryer, but these are probably optional things for most. My hair gets so out of control sometimes that I feel these are a must for me.

And that's it. Other than my Kindle, we'll *obviously* be bringing the camera, and my cell phone and charger to let people know when the little one has arrived. Other than that, that's all I'm packing! Now I"m just waiting on baby... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!