Wednesday, March 19, 2014

So Long Winter, Hello Spring!

The last few weeks have been full of countdowns. Count downs to birthdays, count downs to go to special places, count downs to see people, count downs to be the line leader.... you get my point. So today when Hunter said "Guess what tomorrow is?!", all I could think to say was Thursday, because after Thursday comes Friday and on Friday they get to go see Grandma Betty for the weekend. I was wrong. Go figure. Tomorrow is the FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!

I love winter, second to fall. I don't mind it being cold, as long as there is snow on the ground. And then after thinking about it, I realized that aside from our time in Whitefish over Christmas, I have really posted pictures of all the fun in the snow we've had this year. So before spring actually gets here, here's our last look at this past winter. 

 At the end of January, we finally had a significant amount of snowfall to go sledding at Nanny and Papa's house. I was there shoveling the driveway when Aunt Kim and Papa Craig showed up to help finish. Afterwards, Kim helped Hunter and JP break through the fresh snow on the hill out back.
I think Kim and I had more fun watching them.
That same weekend Perry made the boys their own sledding hill. It wasn't very big, and it only lasted a day, but it was equipped with stairs none the less. 
 So glad Hunter and JP got sleds for Christmas! 
 Our most recent snowfall at the end of February completely buried our backyard. We had a solid 18 inches in our yard. We lost our campfire pit at one point too. I'm pretty sure these snow tracks might have walked right over top of it. 
The drift on our garage just recently completely melted. And the tops of our shrubs in the middle of the front yard were level with the snow. Hunter even scored 2 snow days from school because of all the snow!
 Within a few days we went from below zero to the mid-40's and had a TON of puddles to jump in.
 We must have spent a good hour one morning jumping in puddles and playing in what was left of the snow.
I even let them smash me with a few snowballs before I threw them into the snow piles, over and over....

I'm a little sad to have winter over with already ready because it almost feels like it never started. As much as I hate driving in snow, I wish it would stick around a little longer than a few days! (It didn't help matters much that all three kids had colds during our last bout of snow, and with the weather being bitterly cold, I kept them inside.) But with spring starting tomorrow, I'm eager to be able to get Charlotte outside more, and utilize the trail system that practically starts two blocks from our house. She took her first wagon ride to the park the other day and LOVED it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!