Thursday, May 8, 2014

A little catch-up....

I've been so busy finishing up my quilt and chasing my children around the house, that blogging at the end of the day was the last thing I wanted to do. So here's a look at the past few weeks. 
What you can't see in this video are the girls lined up by the fencing ooo-ing and ahh-ing....
Charlotte's been having fun on the slide too...
 JP loves styling his hair in the mornings so I bought him a mirror. For whatever reason, he refuses to use his bathroom, or the main mirror in our bathroom...
While I was baking the other week, Kiki learned how get into stuff. Luckily this mess wasn't as big as the time I dropped the flour on the floor and let Hunter play in it...
 I made this cake for my sister to take to a bridal shower the other weekend. The white cake was supposed to sit on top of the blue cake, and have burlap around the bottom of it....but it melted on the way home. I only saw one picture of it assembled, but it looked like just about all the rose swirls slipped off.... Ahhh well. Everyone said it still tasted good. Too bad it didn't quite turn out.
 I was going to take the cake myself but months ago, my sister Kim and I had planned to go to the vintage fair together, which happened to land on the same day. We've been a couple other times together and have enjoyed strolling through the booths. This time around we scored a few things. I grabbed up some pearls for dress-up for Charli and the same green box that my mom has, known as the "button box." Kim bought the other tin for her button box. And I'm slightly jealous of her owl, and the Milkbone dog treat tin is pretty cool too.
 During the Easter egg hunt, the boys scored 6 passes to the carousal. JP has been so anxious to go ride the horses ever since he went to a birthday party there, and rode one by himself and "I DIDN'T FALL OFF THIS TIME!" (Not that he ever has...but he thinks he has.) He really wanted to show this skill off to Hunter. 
 Later that day, we hung out in the neighbors yard and had some fun on the trampoline and playing with water guns. 
 This past weekend, I made another trip home for a bridal shower for my best friend in high school. While Charli, my mom, and I were at the shower, Hunter and JP went bowling with dad and papa. Hunter scored a 92!
And finally, JP got out his scuba gear yesterday so he could go swimming in the tub... boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!