Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Family Sunday: An Evening at Marilyn Park

My boys are at vacation bible school this week and since I have my mornings free when Charli is napping, I figured I better catch up on my blog a little. It's been on my mind for a while. Truth be told, I'd rather be working on my next quilt...

This past week JP received a thank you card in the mail from his best friend from preschool. JP had wanted to give him Ninja turtle socks for his birthday, and since we didn't know when it was, we gave him his present last month when we saw him at bible school. Perfect timing as he was airlifted from the hospital here to go to Spokane to have brain (?) surgery. He's doing much better now, and was thrilled to get the present from JP. 

We since have found out they only live a few blocks away. Go figure! We were hoping to see them at church so we could arrange a play date, but must have missed them. Hunter somehow made it all the way to the church and through the first hymn before I mentioned to Perry that his son's button down shirt was inside out...Later during mass I leaned down to pick something up Charli dropped and smashed my forehead into the pew in front of me. Perry and I had a hard time controlling our laughter. Good grief did that hurt though! 

After church we played croquet with Hunter and JP while Charlotte napped. Hunter did pretty good. JP needed a lot of extra strokes and needs to work on his aim a little more... I won for the first time though! Go me! We need to have some people over so we can play again!

We were going to go folfing after Charlotte woke up, but we went grocery shopping instead and then went to Marilyn Park before dinner. Also known as the frog park.
 This was Charlotte's first time playing on the splash deck. 
 I probably don't have to tell you that she LOVED it! 
 She was very curious about the mister.
She even walked though it! 
 It took Hunter and JP a while before they finally decided it was okay to get wet. 
We had a very enjoyable time a the park! I love going to this park because unlike other parks, this one is pretty quiet. There's never been a bunch of people when I've been here. I get really nervous about Hunter with a lot of people. He's hard to keep track of! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!