Monday, July 7, 2014

We're Staying Put...For Now + Charlotte Can Walk...But Not Well

The past few weeks have been full of ups and down for us. I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster! 

A few weeks ago, Perry found out his boss put in his notice. We were both super excited at the possibility that he could potentially be the new district manager, after all that's what his boss had been training him for for the last 9 months. Although there were a few other center managers, like Perry, who applied for the job, Perry was the most qualified to take the position because he was the most familiar. And then another current district manager applied for the position. Since he was the only district manager to apply, he automatically took the position. I think I was more upset about it than Perry was. While the guy ties up loose ends in Chicago and moves over to Spokane, Perry will be the interim district manager, which he's excited about. (His first day was today!) 

The district manager from Chicago applied for the transfer a few days after Perry interviewed for it. The whole time the position was open, it seemed as if Perry was a shoo-in. Because he was very confident in getting the job, he became very stressed about the house and getting it ready to sell, which is why we started to fight about family time. Every minute of every weekend, and week night, he was busy working outside to finish up miscellaneous projects. They needed to get done but...    

I'm excited for him to have a temporary promotion, but I feel crummy too. I just wish we could catch a break! We have been waiting and waiting for the center manager position in Spokane to open up so Perry can get a transfer. I mean, I don't want to move, but it's inevitable. The current center manager over there has been wanting to move now for close to a year, and as far as Perry knows, he's just waiting on his house to sell. We're hopeful that once Perry's new boss gets settled in here, he'll put the pressure on the guy to get out. I'm discouraged, but still hopeful...

And then there is my little Charlotte. I *cannot* get this girl to crawl! I wish our pediatrician would have said something along the lines of "when she starts moving around, make sure she uses both sides of her body" or something to make me aware that her scooting could potentially be bad for her. We've been going to physical therapy now for about a month and a half, and I've been working with her at home, and I can't get her to crawl. PT has helped her out a little bit though, or maybe it would have happened at the same time without it, but she can bring herself to standing without holding on to anything and can take steps on her own. Both are far and a few between, but she can do it. 
At her appointment on Wednesday, which was supposed to be her last one until she's walking, we discussed how her back isn't straight up and down when she's sitting. Her physical therapist is hoping that when she gets the hang of walking, her back will realign. Because of how she crawls, with her right leg curled in and her left leg used for pushing, the inside of her right foot has begun to curl in, and her left foot is pointing out. If they don't straighten out when she starts walking, we'll have to tape her leg for a while in the position it needs to be. But if her back doesn't realign, she'll be at risk for developing scoliosis. So much to take in! We're going to do one more session this week to see if taping her legs might get her to crawl on her hands and knees. In the meantime, Charlotte has been working her muscles doing plank to build up her shoulder muscles, pushing things around the house and the yard to get used to walking, and working her core while sitting on a ball. Yay for baby exercises!

Since we're not moving, at least we'll be able to enjoy our patio more, JP will be able to go to school with a few of his friends from last year, Hunter will start kindergarten at the school we visited, and get on the bus at the end of the lane, and Charlotte can get help from her physical therapist as needed. As much as I don't want to move, I am sad that all that house browsing was for nothing. I found quite a few homes I liked... Maybe this next spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!